How To Charge For Fondant Wedding Cake?

Decorating By SweetToothCreations Updated 24 Jul 2007 , 1:04pm by FromScratch

SweetToothCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetToothCreations Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 12:43pm
post #1 of 5

I done lots of buttercream wedding cakes, but I have someone who would like a wedding cake done in fondant to feed 100 people, the cakes look like hat boxes, with luster dust, and gumpast bows, she wants coconut flavor cake and pinapple flavor filling. I charge 2.50 a slice for BC cakes., but I'm not sure how to charge for this cake!
LL

4 replies
jmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmcakes Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 12:51pm
post #2 of 5

My wilton insructor told us to charge double the price if they want fondant. I would assume here on CC we would tell you to check the local bakery and see how much they charge and charge accordingly!! The best I can help you with! Don't forget to charge extra for gumpaste bow too!

tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 12:52pm
post #3 of 5

Are you making the roses too? If 2.50 for BC is your normal then 3.50 -4.00 for Fondant is fair. Also I charge 25.00 ber bow . but thats me.. I only charge 2.00 for BC..

angelas2babies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelas2babies Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 12:53pm
post #4 of 5

You will get varying answers because of regional pricing differences, but I generally charge an extra dollar per serving, and the gumpaste accents on that cake need to be accounted for as well. It's a gorgeous cake, by the way!

Angie

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 1:04pm
post #5 of 5

I charge 2$ for BC cakes filled with BC.. My wedding BC cakes are 3$ per serving and come with one non-premium filling (the pineapple would qualify as non-premium for me) and a satin ribbon. I charge an extra dollar per serving for fondant. I'd charge about 4$ per serving for that cake plus extra for the flowers and bows.. That topper would be at least $60.00. I don't do GP flowers (that I would put on a cake anyway.. LOL) so I don't know 100% what I would charge.. but it'd be up there.. they are labor intensive and there's at least 25 roses in that topper. The bow's would be $15.00 as they are pretty easy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%