..fix A Gel Trasnfer If I Forgot A Step?

Decorating By tanyascakes Updated 1 Jul 2005 , 4:58am by traci

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 30 Jun 2005 , 6:31pm
post #1 of 3

Hi, everyone. I guess that I am under so much stress from working on both of my girls' cakes at once that I made a boo-boo. I don't know how many of you have done a gel transfer. But this was my 1st and I totally messed up. I forgot to spray that wax paper!!! By the time I realized it the design was laying on the cake!! I tried to lift up a corner of the wax paper and the gel tried to come off with it. I don't want to design to smear or anything. Right now the cake is in a box with the wa paer laying on it. The cake isn't needed until Saturday, but I need to fish this part so that I can get it stacked and finish it up. Help!!!! What can I do now???? icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

2 replies
GinaJuarez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GinaJuarez Posted 30 Jun 2005 , 6:46pm
post #2 of 3

I have only done 1 so far, so I am far from an expert. But when I did it, I didn't spray the wax paper. I outlined the image with piping gel, laid it on the cake, pressed gently to transfer the gel, and pulled the paper off. Some gel did stay on the paper, but you could see the outline on the cake enough to fill in.

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 1 Jul 2005 , 4:58am
post #3 of 3

I don't even trace mine on wax paper. I place it on the cake and go over it lightly with a small decorator brush. I get enough of an outline...and then trace it in buttercream.
traci

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%