"pizza" Cookies

Baking By chococherry Updated 2 Aug 2007 , 1:37pm by EricaT

chococherry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chococherry Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 12:37am
post #1 of 5

I'm making some sugar cookies that look like mini pizzas and I want to put a raspberry jam "tomato sauce" before i put the MMF "cheese" and little slices of MMF "pepperoni" and "mushrooms".

Will the MMF stick to the jam? Or should I skip on the jam, and just do the MMF?

4 replies
ConfectionAffection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionAffection Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 3:35am
post #2 of 5

I wouldn't use jam, unless you are going to bake the jam onto the cookies. That way, it will "set" more, and won't be so wet or slip off the cookie. Then you can apply the MMF.

Another option might be to just use red royal or glace icing as the base...and then add the MMF accents on top.

Good luck - don't forget to post the pics of the finished product! What a cute idea.

cakesonoccasion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesonoccasion Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 12:08pm
post #3 of 5

I agree- I think RI would be the way to go for the sauce- have fun!!

cakeatopia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeatopia Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 1:11pm
post #4 of 5

This post may be too late, but on bakedecoratecelebrate, they used red candymelts for the sauce. They made a big huge round cookie and used a pack of cm. I am thinking of doing this for a bake sale inteh next month or so--I think I could do a bunch of these and small ones too in no time.

EricaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EricaT Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 1:37pm
post #5 of 5

I like the idea for the jam, i think it would be very tastey also, but my suggestion if it isnt too late would be
1)bake the cookie alnost completey(with like 2min to go)
2) pull out of the oven, and apply Rasp Jam
3)and for cheese, use shaved white chocolate (it will look more realistic than fondant).sprinkle the "cheese" on like you would a real pizza
4)put them back in oven until the "cheese" is melted
5) then apply toppings when slightly warm so they will stci to the melted white chocolate

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%