How Many Cakes Have You Made In One Weekend?

Decorating By Feefs Updated 17 Sep 2006 , 10:50pm by candy177

Feefs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Feefs Posted 17 Sep 2006 , 4:06am
post #1 of 20

Hi guys...

Finally finished all my cakes. I'm not sure if I ever want to make 3 cakes in one weekend again! I have also made a batch of cake truffles (balls) (no pic of those). Wasn't sure about them, but hubby did a taste test and said they were lovely. Delivered the first 2 cakes, and they loved them -- the kids they were for were floored with how nice they were (kids are the best critics! hehehe)

Anyways... what do you all think?

Image[/img]

19 replies
TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 17 Sep 2006 , 4:13am
post #2 of 20

Cool!! I like the top one with the flowers best. thumbs_up.gif You must be exhausted (but very happy to have done such a great job on them all)!

Deanna

Laura102777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laura102777 Posted 17 Sep 2006 , 4:14am
post #3 of 20

You did a great job on all 3! Last weekend was probably my busiest so far. I had 48 cupcakes, a groom's cake, a bridal shower cake, and a birthday cake all due on the same day.

BJsGRL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BJsGRL Posted 17 Sep 2006 , 4:14am
post #4 of 20

During "graduation season" I made a total of 23 cakes in three weekends...7 delivery days in total, so an average of 3 each day! Most were graduations, had two anniversaries, one small wedding, and two birthdays...and one for the docs at the med center where my MIL works. The worst part of the grad cakes was that 5 of them in two days were for boys all attending the same school, and on the same sports teams! It was a challenge to make them all somewhat different!

TandTHarrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TandTHarrell Posted 17 Sep 2006 , 4:22am
post #5 of 20

9 cakes last weekend.......

candy177 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candy177 Posted 17 Sep 2006 , 4:25am
post #6 of 20

My fave is also the top. The most I've done for one weekend AT HOME is 2 or 3. However, AT WORK (since I work in a supermarket), I've had 20+ weekends. And I'm the only cake decorator at the moment. I used to work for a different supermarket and we had up to 40 at graduation time...then again, we had 2 or 3 decorators. I had a weekend a few weeks ago where I didn't have a single order...last week, I had perhaps 2. This week, I'm back to at least 15+. It's nice to be busy again LOL.
(Mind you, those were all at work. Business is pretty slow at home, but that's okay. icon_razz.gif)

mqguffey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mqguffey Posted 17 Sep 2006 , 4:29am
post #7 of 20

Those cakes are gorgeous! The Quidditch is awesome!

Did two cakes in one night last night and ended up staying up until 4. But I don't get started until late, have to get the kiddos tucked in first. The few times I've tried to decorate with them underfoot was tough. They LOVE buttercream and have been known to grab a bag and try to suck it out!

chloe1979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chloe1979 Posted 17 Sep 2006 , 4:36am
post #8 of 20

The most I have ever had was my second order ever--2 cakes (9" round, 1/4 sheet) and a tier cake, plus 2 dozen decorated sugar cookies and 3 dozen decorated cupcakes. I am doing an average of 5 cakes per weekend and have been in business since mid-May. I didn't even start doing cakes til July 15th, so I feel pretty good.

VACakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VACakelady Posted 17 Sep 2006 , 9:27am
post #9 of 20

Last Saturday I had to do 9 cakes, 4 mini cakes, and a dozen cupcakes. All done before noon so I could get some sleep before work. I hate when I overbook myself, always end up kicking myself in the butt.

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 17 Sep 2006 , 12:47pm
post #10 of 20

Love the cakes....you did a great job!

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 17 Sep 2006 , 1:02pm
post #11 of 20

A couple of weekends ago I did 29 cakes for a wedding. icon_eek.gif They wanted a cake on each table. All were 8" round either white or chocolate all with white buttercream. Trimmed with fushia border and a fushia gerber daisey(silk) on top. Started baking on thrusday and finished saturday by noon. Alot of work. Great experience. Couldn't have made that many if they weren't so basic.

BJsGRL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BJsGRL Posted 17 Sep 2006 , 1:09pm
post #12 of 20

Ohara - you reminded me of my centerpiece-cake wedding! How could I ever forget that??? 24 table cakes, 3-tier dummy cakes with 3 satellite dummies. Started My cakes were only 6" ones...baked 5 at a time...went quicker than I thought would be possible!

mykidsarekillingme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mykidsarekillingme Posted 17 Sep 2006 , 1:14pm
post #13 of 20

I usually average 8-12 a weekend, but I did have an order for 480 cupcakes and the customer gave me a 2 day notice. I had to make personalized logos to sit on every one!

cakefairy18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy18 Posted 17 Sep 2006 , 1:15pm
post #14 of 20

they all came out great....

the most i've had to make in a week was 11 orders...1 order for 55 cookies, one order for 48 muffins and the other 9 were for cakes

cakeladywalker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladywalker Posted 17 Sep 2006 , 1:23pm
post #15 of 20

Cakes turned out GREAT!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 17 Sep 2006 , 1:36pm
post #16 of 20

22!

In Feb., I had made 21 v-day cakes and 1 b-day cake.

I'm just glad I didn't have a wedding cake that weekend! LOL!

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 17 Sep 2006 , 3:58pm
post #17 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdd

22!

In Feb., I had made 21 v-day cakes and 1 b-day cake.

I'm just glad I didn't have a wedding cake that weekend! LOL!

Oh my, 22! Wow...I can't even imagine having that many all at once. This weekend I had three, one for Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I believe last year for Thanksgiving I had about 5 on the same day but that hasn't happened lately.

heavenlys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenlys Posted 17 Sep 2006 , 4:06pm
post #18 of 20

my biggest weekend in graduation. It actually l;asts two weekends. The first is around 35 cakes and we also have a gazillion cupcakes and sugar cookies. The last weekend we did 64 cakes and another gazillion cupcakes and cookies. We also catered 3 graduations. though I have me and 2 employees and my husband takes time off of work. I have been known to force some of my family into icing cakes to. It helps when the base icing is already on and smoothed and I just have to do the decor.

SweetThistleCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetThistleCakes Posted 17 Sep 2006 , 5:12pm
post #19 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by trent

9 cakes last weekend.......

Ditto

candy177 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candy177 Posted 17 Sep 2006 , 10:50pm
post #20 of 20

Ohara - I did 22 cakes (at work, thankfully didn't have to bake or make icing lol) for a wedding Friday. All 8" white single layers with white BC, white top border, lavender bottom border and 3 little flowers in the center (the 5 petals done like beads or whatever how you want to describe them). One of them was a double layer for the bride and groom to cut.

She paid $160 for all cakes...and actually asked if she was going to get a discount since she was buying so many! :O Mind you, she had 10 people per table...so that's right around $0.75 a slice! I'd say that's a steal!

I had all of them decorated in 2 hours. And breathed a huge sigh of relief after!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%