Just Curious, How Many Of You Teach Classes?

Decorating By APCakes Updated 3 Jul 2005 , 3:11am by frogleggs

APCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
APCakes Posted 30 Jun 2005 , 1:51pm
post #1 of 16

I'm just wondering how many teachers we have on this website! Do you teach Wilton, or some other method?

15 replies
sweeterbug1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeterbug1977 Posted 30 Jun 2005 , 2:08pm
post #2 of 16

I start teaching the Wilton classes in July.

BJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BJ Posted 30 Jun 2005 , 5:31pm
post #3 of 16

I started teaching Wilton in Sept of 04 icon_smile.gif

letseatcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letseatcake Posted 30 Jun 2005 , 5:39pm
post #4 of 16

I've been a WMI at a cake and candy supply store called Cake Pan Alley for 4 years and I just started teaching at Hobby lobby in Feb.

infields Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
infields Posted 1 Jul 2005 , 5:09am
post #5 of 16

Just wanted to say Hi to 'letseatcake'. I'll be taking over her classes in August at Hobby Lobby. You're a great teacher! I learned a lot. 'icon_biggrin.gif'

WendyVA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WendyVA Posted 1 Jul 2005 , 12:08pm
post #6 of 16

I teach Wilton classes at Michaels. I only started teaching in March 05.

pump_jc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pump_jc Posted 1 Jul 2005 , 1:11pm
post #7 of 16

How do you become certified to teach the Wilton Classes?

Just curious!

pump_jc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pump_jc Posted 1 Jul 2005 , 1:12pm
post #8 of 16

How do you become certified to teach the Wilton Classes?

Just curious!

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 1 Jul 2005 , 1:14pm
post #9 of 16

Go on Wilton's website and submit a form to become an instructor... if any are needed in your area, they'll contact you. I believe you have to complete their courses too... they called me when I submitted my form and she asked me what Wilton courses I had completed. When there's an opening here in my area, she said the the district supervisor in my area would call me.

sweeterbug1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeterbug1977 Posted 1 Jul 2005 , 2:22pm
post #10 of 16

Yes, you have to have completed all three of their classes. I also had to submit pictures of cakes I have made to the supervisor for my area before I was approved.

APCakes Posted 1 Jul 2005 , 2:57pm
post #11 of 16

Cool! For those of you who are starting soon, good luck! And for those who have been teaching for a while, have you had a good time doing it? Any pointers for those just starting out? What would you do differently if you could start all over again?
I'll be starting the training this month, so I'm anxious to learn as much about it as I can! I feel confident in all the methods, except for a little crisis I had with roses (which I swear I used to be able to do!) But thanks to the CC queens, I figured out what I was doing wrong and I can do them again!! It sounds like there is quite a bit of paperwork and reporting you have to do - have you found it to be manageable, or a pain? How would you prepare for each class? What have been your favorite teaching moments?

Misska21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misska21 Posted 2 Jul 2005 , 6:07am
post #12 of 16

If you don't mind me asking...how much do you guys make?

klsunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klsunny Posted 3 Jul 2005 , 1:51am
post #13 of 16

I have my first Wilton class scheduled for July but nobody has signed up yet. I'm kind of glad though because it gives me another month of practicing and watching the videos!

APCakes Posted 3 Jul 2005 , 2:52am
post #14 of 16

klsunny, I know what you mean! Because the schedules are already set, I have until September to start teaching. That gives me plenty of time for training, because teaching can be so much fun when you are well prepared!
Good luck!

frogleggs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frogleggs Posted 3 Jul 2005 , 3:04am
post #15 of 16

I am a Wilton Method Instructor and teach at the local Hobby Lobby. I just received my 3 year badge, I am so excited!! icon_smile.gif

frogleggs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frogleggs Posted 3 Jul 2005 , 3:11am
post #16 of 16

The pay depends on what account you work for and how many students you teach. At HL we start at $125 for 4 students and you get more money the more students that are in your class. I really love teaching and wish that I had started sooner. I love cakes and I really love sharing my love of cakes and decorating with others. There is not alot of paperwork to fill out. Just enough to keep hq informed. It usually takes me about 10 min. total per course to go over paperwork, fill out mine and mail it off. Wilton is a wonderful company to work for and they have free training (you pay for travel and hotel) and they are great on helping you when you need it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%