Choc Mud Cupcakes Recipe

Baking By BarbaraK Updated 26 Jul 2007 , 7:38am by lovely

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 8:11am
post #1 of 31

Does anyone have a choc mudcake recipe that they could share with me. I have never made mud cakes before (don't really like them) but someone has asked me to make some.

Any help would be much appreciated. You could either PM me or post the recipe here.

Thanks.

30 replies
Sparklepop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklepop Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 9:41am
post #2 of 31

Hey Barbara there is a great Dark Chocolate Mud Cake in the recipes by boonenati I've made it a few times and everyone is quite happy with it. The temp should read 160C instead os 180C. Give it a go I'm sure you'll find someone to taste test it for you. I can't believe you don't like choc mud cake icon_surprised.gif. If you don't want the alcohol just add extra water.
thumbs_up.gif

Lyn

BarbaraK Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 9:47am
post #3 of 31

Thanks Lyn. I've got her recipe in my recipe box but I was not sure if it could be made into cupcakes. Some cakes don't do so well when made into cupcakes. Will give it a try. So the alcohol can be substituted for the same amount of water?

I know it's a little strange. I love, love, love choc cake but there is something about mud cake that I just don't like. Not sure what it is but my friends think that I am odd!! icon_surprised.gif

Sparklepop Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 10:14am
post #4 of 31

I've found a few of my customers don't like alcohol and it tastes just as good without (just adding the extra water). I can't see any reason it wouldn't work as cupcakes. Let me know how it goes.

Well I'm really glad you like choc cake otherwise I would have thought there was definitely something wrong with you
icon_lol.gificon_wink.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

BarbaraK Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 10:24am
post #5 of 31

Oh, there's a whole lot wrong with me icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif but we won't go down that road!! icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 12:27am
post #6 of 31

most of the chocolate mud cakes I found didnt have alcohol Barb.....The recipe in the most recent Southern Living Magazine is AWESOME......if you don't have access to that mag or can't find it I will gladly email ya the recipe buddy!!!! Or maybe I should anyways!

BarbaraK Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 6:47am
post #7 of 31

Christi,
I would be sooooooo happy if you could send me the recipe.
Thanks!

OzCookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OzCookie Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 9:14am
post #8 of 31

Me too, me too... Oh PLEASE Christie, me too!!
Everyone seems to want mudcake at the moment and I'm really bored with the recipe I have!

lovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovely Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 9:26am
post #9 of 31

If it's a good recipe for mudcake cupcakes I'd love it too. I add a little extra coffee mix instead of alcohol.

icon_smile.gif Leigh

Sparklepop Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 9:54am
post #10 of 31

Hey Christi can I have a copy too I'm always interested in new recipes for mud cake thumbs_up.gif .

Lyn

wgoat5 Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 10:03am
post #11 of 31

Sure here ya go guys.....first one is the cake other one is adapted for cupcakes icon_biggrin.gif

Enjoy them

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1646476

cupcakes
http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1646477

Oh yeah sending a big ole Kentucky hug to Australia icon_biggrin.gif

mawagner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mawagner Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 10:17am
post #12 of 31

Thanks for the link! They sound great and I can't wait to try them!

wgoat5 Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 10:21am
post #13 of 31

you are very welcome icon_biggrin.gif

These are delicious...well about all the recipes I have gotten from Southern Living are delicious!! I should be their ad girl !!!!

* waiting for a check * lol

lovely Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 10:45am
post #14 of 31

Looks like the aussie connection in this post. Guess we just love our mud cake down here (with exception to Barbara who is in need to make for someone else icon_lol.gif )

Big warm aussie hug back to Kentucky
icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

OzCookie Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 11:23am
post #15 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

Oh yeah sending a big ole Kentucky hug to Australia icon_biggrin.gif

Bless you! I needed that!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif ((((hug))))

wgoat5 Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 11:36am
post #16 of 31

You all are very welcome

RICKASH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RICKASH Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 11:42am
post #17 of 31

Hi Barbara

Here is a link to my choc mud cake.
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2417-1-Chocolate-mud-cake.html
It doesn't have alcohol but is very moist and dense. And its an Aussie recipe which will work out fine for you.
To make it into cupcake 3/4 fill patty pans and cook for approx 30-35 mins, please do not quote me on the cooking time. Check after 30 mins and if still not cooked try adding 5 minutes at a time until cooked. This will not effect the overall cake. Hope this helps. Good luck.

lovely Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 11:46am
post #18 of 31

Hey Rickash,
Would that recipe be great as cupccakes? It looks reasonable easy as well.

Leigh

wgoat5 Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 12:04pm
post #19 of 31

Hey RickAsh Love LOVE your flowers on your avatar!! Beautiful!

RICKASH Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 12:07pm
post #20 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely

Hey Rickash,

Leigh

Hi Leigh

It is great as cupcakes, I have done it a couple of times but I cant remember how long I cooked them for. I think it was 30-35 minutes. Its a really simple recipe and I find that the Nestle milk chocolate melts are the nicest for this one. A good friend told me that when you can smell your cake its almost done and I have found this to be true.
P.S. If you use a fan forced oven turn temp down around 145.C.

RICKASH Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 12:13pm
post #21 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

Hey RickAsh Love LOVE your flowers on your avatar!! Beautiful!

Thank you..

This is my favourite rose so far, It took forever. I didnt have any hardner so it took a few hours as I had to let the fondant dry before putting together. I'm so proud of it.

sorry for hijacking your thread Barbara it was only for a second. icon_lol.gif

BarbaraK Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 12:24pm
post #22 of 31

No problems Kelli. This post has brought all us Aussies out of the woodwork! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Your rose looks beautiful. I started going to a gumpaste flower class a few months ago and have been having lots of fun. Got my instructor to teach me how to make frangipanis yesterday. It was very easy to make.

RICKASH Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 12:40pm
post #23 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraK

No problems Kelli. This post has brought all us Aussies out of the woodwork! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I started going to a gumpaste flower class a few months ago and have been having lots of fun. Got my instructor to teach me how to make frangipanis yesterday. It was very easy to make.

I wish I had an instructor, I have to rely on cc, books or www to work out how to do flowers. My rose was done with a round cutter and a wooden bbq skewer.

lovely Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 10:58pm
post #24 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICKASH

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely

Hey Rickash,

Leigh

Hi Leigh

It is great as cupcakes, I have done it a couple of times but I cant remember how long I cooked them for. I think it was 30-35 minutes. Its a really simple recipe and I find that the Nestle milk chocolate melts are the nicest for this one. A good friend told me that when you can smell your cake its almost done and I have found this to be true.
P.S. If you use a fan forced oven turn temp down around 145.C.

LOL my partner says I'm weird when I say stuff like that. He'll ask is it cooked and I'll tell him does it smell cooked, or just touch it. He just doesn't get it. hehehehe. Thanks for the recipe. I will try it with the nestle chocolate.
Leigh

BarbaraK wrote:
No problems Kelli. This post has brought all us Aussies out of the woodwork! Laughing Laughing

LOL yes it did

OzCookie Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 11:26pm
post #25 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICKASH

I wish I had an instructor, I have to rely on cc, books or www to work out how to do flowers. My rose was done with a round cutter and a wooden bbq skewer.

Where in Australia are you? I'm in Sydney, Barbara Melbourne, Lovely in Brisbane... lots of classes around!

RICKASH Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 1:10am
post #26 of 31

I'm in rural Victoria. Out in the sticks in a small town. A neighbour and close friend to another cc member sweet_as_tisse.

lovely Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 3:41am
post #27 of 31

Hey,

Are there classes just for flower making? I have jsut started looking at classes for anything but they all seem to be on the other side of town.(kind of funny cause brissy isn't as big as Sydney or Melbourne lol)

I would love a class for flower making. I have looked even at Tafe. Do Tafe do anything like this?

Cheers

Leigh

BarbaraK Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 6:44am
post #28 of 31

The class I go to is held at my local Community House. It is taught by a georgeous 70 plus year old lady who only charges $5.00 for each 2 hour lesson!!

Check with your local community houses to see if they offer similar classes.

lovely Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 6:58am
post #29 of 31

That is so great. How did you manage to find out about that course. How lucky to find a lovely lady to teach for $5 for 2hrs. Where have those days gone! I'll keep looking.

BarbaraK Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 7:05am
post #30 of 31

The community house offers lots of courses... computer, medical terminology, food handling, etc. I did my computer courses there and happened to see the brochure.

Audrey, my instructor, teaches because she wants to impart the knowledge and it also allows her to meet new people.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%