Quick Question? Can I Do Brush Embroidery On Fondant W/royal

Decorating By Susan94 Updated 24 Jul 2007 , 10:21am by Susan94

Susan94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susan94 Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 1:19am
post #1 of 5

icing?

I have extra stiff royal icing and i have to cover a cake with brush embroidery technique and in the past I used just buttercream to do that technique. Am I able to use royal icing just the same? I just don't want to make a batch of buttercream if I don't have to tonight. I have to cover the top and sides of a two tiered cake that is covered in fondant and wondered when the royal icing dried would it pick off (or dry off).
Please let me know asap if you can? It's a all-nighter job tonight! icon_cry.gif Here's what I have so far. I have to move cake to smaller circle as way (that story is for another post). icon_sad.gif

4 replies
NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 1:49am
post #2 of 5

Susan, no worries!

In March I had a class with Collette Peters. That is how she taught us, fondant covered cake and royal brushed embroidery. thumbs_up.gif

Susan94 Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 1:56am
post #3 of 5

thanks so much. Now it's 10pm and I'm going to get moving on the cake. It's been sitting around like that all day while I waited for the customer to tell me what she wants. She first wanted it painted and then brush embroidered instead which is easier for me. She wants the flowers off the cupcakes though and just one or two seashells on it. I don't mind changing because she is paying for everything I made so far and for the changes and I have time to work on it tonight. I want her to LOVE the end results.

thanks again for your quick reply

OzCookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OzCookie Posted 22 Jul 2007 , 2:09am
post #4 of 5

Add a TINY amount of piping gel to the royal - it will be much easier to work with for brush embroidery.

Susan94 Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 10:21am
post #5 of 5

I made the cake and will be posting it on my photos soon. Thanks again everyone. This is the final cake that I will post here too.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%