Had To Give $ Back! I Am So Embarassed!

Decorating By erinkalins Updated 17 Sep 2006 , 6:13pm by frankandcathy

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 16 Sep 2006 , 6:30pm
post #61 of 65

Methinks somebody was looking for a freebie.

Bet she was shocked icon_eek.gif when she came back and the cake was gone. And I bet she doesn't order another one from you. Especially if she snuck a piece. She probably expected you to refund her money AND leave the cake and since that ploy didn't work, she couldn't try it again on you.

You keep up the great work. BTW--Love your backbone. Glad you have one!!! icon_biggrin.gif

chocolate1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocolate1 Posted 16 Sep 2006 , 6:35pm
post #62 of 65

Erinkalins..my question is.. did she even taste the cake? I think you acted in a professional manner in replacing the cake with money back..who knows this situation may actually get you more business..if rave reviews were all around..chances are you'll get more orders..it's easy to get hurt feelings..we decorators and artists, put an enormous amount of ourselves into each project we create..you did what was ordered...fyi watch her closely next time if she ever orders even cookies from you..your cakes look great..this is also part of the "business" of cake decorating..just shake the "powdered sugar from your sandals..and move on to the next project..you're doing great work..happy icing, C.

darcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darcat Posted 16 Sep 2006 , 6:42pm
post #63 of 65

OMG I cant stop laughing lol I wish I could have seen her face when she got back to her desk. I take my hat off to you. Well done!!!

MeloMiMi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MeloMiMi Posted 16 Sep 2006 , 6:51pm
post #64 of 65

I agree on the way you handled the situation. Your cakes are pretty. How can you tell if a cake is dry by the appearance and haven't tasted it? I hope she did sneak a piece and apologizes to you later for her behavior.

frankandcathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frankandcathy Posted 17 Sep 2006 , 6:13pm
post #65 of 65

I think it's so funny how some people react to cakes. I made a freebie cake once for a donation for a charity auction. The gift certificate was only for $25 but I put all this extra work into because I wanted to do it well (Do all things as unto the Lord, right?).

Anyway, the whole family traipsed into my kitchen to see it and they acted do underwhelmed. I think they said something like, "That will work."

I just laughed about it. My husband's family is very quiet and reserved so I just figured that this would be a very "excited" reaction in their book.

Um...not sure what that has to do with this topic....hmmm...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%