I Need A Cake Idea - Independence Day...

Decorating By pump_jc Updated 30 Jun 2005 , 4:12am by famousamous

pump_jc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pump_jc Posted 29 Jun 2005 , 1:07pm
post #1 of 4

Hi! I'm traveling to Maryland for July 4th to visit my family and since I have just finished Wilton's Course I, and sent everyone pictures, they all told me to bring my stuff so I can make a birthday cake for my Granny!

But I need ideas. I've thought of transferring a pattern of fireworks onto the cake (it'll be a 9X13 cake)...and bordering it with red and blue stars (or shells - but my shells need practice)...

She knows I'm making the cake (her birthday is actually June 24) and she wants it to be Independence Day themed.

any other ideas????????

3 replies
tcrema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcrema Posted 29 Jun 2005 , 1:13pm
post #2 of 4

You could do red white and blue roses or you could decorate the cake with the border you were talking about and make cupcakes all around the cake and use the grass tip and make red white and blue fireworks out of each of them. Just an idea...good luck

kakesbyrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakesbyrobin Posted 29 Jun 2005 , 3:00pm
post #3 of 4

I had wanted to do a small tiered cake with those decortive picks that look like fireworks coming out of the top for the 4th.

Instead I will be baking some pies,Summer is a big birthday season in our family,so we will be having something to break up the cakes. icon_smile.gif

famousamous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
famousamous Posted 30 Jun 2005 , 4:12am
post #4 of 4

Here are alot of different patriotic cakes.
http://www.wilton.com/recipes/browse.cfm?theme_id=31

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%