Chocolate Clay Modeling Chocolate Question

Sugar Work By alise Updated 28 Jun 2017 , 11:20pm by waws

alise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alise Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 3:04pm
post #1 of 8

I was wandering if anyone has used butterscotch chocolate chips to make the candy clay?

I thought since I have them maybe it would work; its a good color for the horse Im going to try to make (key word here try) icon_confused.gif . I also have some MMF left over that I'm going to try also.

7 replies
alise Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 3:48pm
post #2 of 8

Ok I'm going to go try it now, I'll let you all know if it works.

sugarnut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarnut Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 1:01am
post #3 of 8

let me know if it works. Chips have less cocoa butter than reg choc, so they don't usually work as well for candy clay. I always just use fondant, maybe with GP mixed in or if I'm using candy clay make it with white choc and color it.

alise Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 1:20am
post #4 of 8

It worked pretty well. The choc. chip clay held together a little better than the butterscotch, but it still worked. Since I was not getting paid for this cake and just doing it as a favor for my sister in law I didn't want to put to much money in to it, so I used what I had on hand. And I heard about this Choc. Clay on cc so I just had to try it, so this was the perfect opportunity!

You can see the cake in my photos. They just loved it! Although the butterscotch one looks a little like a gorilla! LOL! It was so much fun! I will do this more often.

cakesbykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbykitty Posted 28 Oct 2006 , 9:48am
post #5 of 8

good to know!

waws Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
waws Posted 27 Jun 2017 , 3:56pm
post #6 of 8

Hi I want to use the butterscotch modeling clay to wrap around cookie dough rolled in a ball to make like a truffle or cake pop . Do you think it will hold ? Also what ratio did you use? Thank You

alise Posted 28 Jun 2017 , 5:15am
post #7 of 8

It probably would as long as they are not handled to much.  I can't remember what the ratio was,. It could of been something like 1 cup chips and 1/4 cup corn syrup.  

I hope this helps. Good luck!

waws Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
waws Posted 28 Jun 2017 , 11:20pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks for your response will have to experiment :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%