Do You Do This, Too?

Decorating By lynda-bob Updated 21 Jul 2007 , 3:54am by LittleLinda

lynda-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynda-bob Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 4:47am
post #1 of 13

Whenever I see a cake on the homepage that catches my attention, I go look and comment. Then I go to that person's profile and look at all of his/her work. Do you do this, too? I see so many cakes that I might never have noticed. My favorites pages are turning into a trilogy novella! icon_razz.gif Love looking at everyone's work: latest and stuff I've never seen before that are actually two yr. old uploads! icon_surprised.gif .

Keep up the great work everybody thumbs_up.gif

Lynda

12 replies
dolfin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolfin Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 5:08am
post #2 of 13

I do it all the time. I log on to look something up then notice a cake I like, comment then look in that persons photos. I have seen a lot of great work. I also end up forgetting what I logged on for in the first place!!! Sometimes they have so many cakes I just pm them rather than try and comment on all of them. I am so lazy.

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 5:27am
post #3 of 13

I do it too...and a lovely lady did it to all my photos late late last night...while I was up working...I logged on for a few mins. to take a break...my box was full of notifications about her comments on my photos! What a wonderful surprise! I went to her photos as well and took a few minutes and really went over her work and really enjoyed it...it was the boost I needed!

KristasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristasCakes Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 5:28am
post #4 of 13

I'm with you.....if I see a cake that I like, I go to that persons profile and look through all of the photos in awe....hoping that I'll get that good someday. I spend way toooo much time on this site....hours every evening. Who needs sleep?

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 5:31am
post #5 of 13

I do exactly the same thing as the two of you. And if that person has a website many times I'll check that out too. I can lose myself forever doing that. Pretty soon I forget where I was in the first place. I enjoy it though. Soo many talented cake people out there, often times I sit here in awe of what they can do. Yes people, I'm talking about you!!! Ü

dandelion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 5:39am
post #6 of 13

i used to! but i found that now pressing the next button on a photo takes you to the next photo in the category and not the next photo in that person's gallery? am i doing something wrong?

i still do now...but much less icon_rolleyes.gif i'm so lazy icon_razz.gif

CoreyV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoreyV Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 5:48am
post #7 of 13

Absolutely when I see a cake that catches my eye I peek at their photos. And when I get a comment on mine I grin from ear to ear. I come away from the computer and my wife an always tell when I get comments.

KylesMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KylesMom Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 5:52am
post #8 of 13

I too have a hard time passing up a cake photo. If I see one that I really like, you can bet that I'm going to look at all of the other cakes created by that person. You're not alone. icon_smile.gif

KristasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristasCakes Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 7:02am
post #9 of 13

CoreyV - I know what you mean....even if I get only 1 or 2 comments on any of my cakes, I get so excited. Just knowing that people took the time to look is pretty neat. Any comments, even constructive criticism is awesome!!!

lovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovely Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 7:23am
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolAnn

I do exactly the same thing as the two of you. And if that person has a website many times I'll check that out too. I can lose myself forever doing that. Pretty soon I forget where I was in the first place. I enjoy it though. Soo many talented cake people out there, often times I sit here in awe of what they can do. Yes people, I'm talking about you!!! Ü

I don't forget because I open so many tabs of all the things from CC that I want to look at that before you know it I have a million tabs open and it's midnight before I close the last one down and there's usually something on that page that I think I should look at and then I'll just open a tab on it while I read this page and o crappola it's 1am lol

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 7:24am
post #11 of 13

I love getting comments and I love it even more when they add a cake to favorites icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah, I do like to see all of one person's pics at one time. It's interesting to see what styles a person does. Also, you can alot of times see how much people have improved over the months/years and it's nice to know that CC is helping people learn to be better decorators! I know it's helped me thumbs_up.gif

lynda-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynda-bob Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 11:24pm
post #12 of 13

I love Cake Central, too! I cannot believe all I learn from everyone on here icon_biggrin.gif I'm going off-tangent here but did you ever notice when you start a thread yourself (not just replying to someone else's) you don't get notified via email? I didn't find y'all's (is that a word? icon_lol.gif ) that is, your answers until today! icon_rolleyes.gif Anyway, back on tangent--Keep up the great work; I don't want to get over my addiction icon_razz.gif

Lynda thumbs_up.gif

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 3:54am
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynda-bob

did you ever notice when you start a thread yourself (not just replying to someone else's) you don't get notified via email?

Lynda, I learned that too. After you post, it asks you if you want view your message. Do it. Then hit "watch topic for replies" and that solves the problem.

I also thoroughly enjoy comments, so if I take the time to click on somebody's photo, I take the extra couple of seconds to leave a comment. I often wonder when I get a new comment on an old photo what the person was searching for when my cake was discovered.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%