Got An Easy Zuccinni Bread Recipe?

Decorating By GenGen Updated 20 Jul 2007 , 1:59am by caprica

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 8:22pm
post #1 of 8

I used to churn out loaves of zuccinni bread every day.. six 7 .. well back when i was a teen lol. a woman i sorta nannied for and i sat down for days and grated Tons of these delights in to two cup portions and froze them makin it easy to just pull out and dump in the mix.

well i thought i'd pick your brains today for a yummy perhaps easy zuccinni bread recipe icon_smile.gif

7 replies
birdgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdgirl Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 8:42pm
post #2 of 8

My mom was not a great cook, but everyone loved her zucchini bread. I couldn't find her recipe and after going through her recipe box for the 10th time found it. It is simple and moist.

Zucchini Bread

Put three eggs in a bowl and add:
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 Tbsp vanilla

Mix well by hand and then add:
2 cups shredded zucchini with the peel on
fold together

Sift together 3 cups flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt. Add to the above mixture and mix well by hand.

Bake in 2 greased loaf pans in a 325 degree oven for about 50 minutes to one hour.

Optional to add nuts and raisins 1 cup each.

I also submitted a recipe on this site for a lemon zucchini cake that is very good but it is not up yet--just another idea for using up zucchini icon_lol.gif

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 8:54pm
post #3 of 8

here's another one, if you are interested. i love this bread!

Zucchini Bread
Ingredients
3 eggs
¾ cup oil
2 cups sugar
2 cups grated zucchini
2 tsp. vanilla

3 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
3 tsp. cinnamon

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Mix together eggs, oil, sugar, zucchini and vanilla
3. Mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon
4. Grease and flour two loaf pans
5. Bake for approx. 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean
6. Cool for 5 minutes in pans then turn on one side and cool completely

GinaJuarez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GinaJuarez Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 8:56pm
post #4 of 8

OMG! I haven't had zucchini bread in ages!! My mom made the best zucchini bread in life. I'll have to search out the recipe. All I know, is it included adding chocolate chips. *drool*

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 9:00pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaJuarez

OMG! I haven't had zucchini bread in ages!! My mom made the best zucchini bread in life. I'll have to search out the recipe. All I know, is it included adding chocolate chips. *drool*

yum! i add chocolate chips to everything! ha ha... i love my zucchini bread toasted with butter! i have a zucchini sitting on my table right now... it's calling to me... 'make bread! make bread!' but i only have one egg!! ahhhhh!!!! icon_lol.gif

BeckySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeckySue Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 9:04pm
post #6 of 8

If you want a twist on a classic try this:

Chocolate Zucchini Bread

1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Veg Oil
3 Eggs
2 Cups Zucchini
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Salt
3 tsp. Cinnamon (opt.)
1 tsp. Nutmeg
1/2 tsp. Cloves
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 Cup Cocoa
6 oz Chocolate Chips
3 Cups Flour

Mix sugars, oil, and eggs. Blend till smooth. Add all other indredients EXCEPT flour. Mix. Add flour a little at a time and mix well after each addition. Grease and flour 2 loaf pans. Bake at 325 for 1 hour.

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 9:17pm
post #7 of 8

*chuckles* i guess its some sort of tradition i'm gonna have to guess that up here in idaho once one grows zuccinni- you must grow lots of it and give it to every tom dck and harry lol.. the last batch i got ws from one of my oldest son's bosses.. who said he had more coming (of course)

reminds me of when hubby's dad grew some (before i met him) i was told that they had grown so many zuccinnis that year the barn cats also multiplied very well too (musta been one heck of a fertilizer icon_wink.gif) that when folks who came to visit went to leave they had to take a kitten or a bag of zuccinni lol..

folks stopped coming to visit for a while ;D

caprica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caprica Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 1:59am
post #8 of 8

Here is an egg-free recipe, It is super-moist, delicious, and you don't have to worry about food poisoning if it's left out, etc.

INGREDIENTS
2 cups grated zucchini, about 7 small zucchini grated
3/4 cup egg substitute
2 cups white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons baking soda
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking powder
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 2 - 8x4 inch loaf pans.
In a large mixing bowl, combine zucchini, egg substitute, sugar, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract.
In a medium size mixing bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking powder. Gradually mix dry ingredients into the zucchini mixture. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pans.
Bake for 40 to 60 minutes.

www.allrecipes.com

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%