Pricing

Decorating By Moviechick00 Updated 28 Jun 2005 , 8:29pm by APCakes

Moviechick00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moviechick00 Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 8:09pm
post #1 of 4

Hi I am new to cakecental.com and am looking foward to starting my own bakery some time in the near future. Is there a pricing index that is used for cakes? If anyone has any advice please let me know. So far all the cakes I have made have been for friends and family. Most have them have been free or very under cost. So any advice would be great. Thanks a bunc. MC icon_smile.gif

3 replies
pooker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pooker Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 8:16pm
post #2 of 4

Ooh, me too! Me too!

I am curious as well. I have a cake that is being requested and I am curious as to what is a good asking price.

SweetCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetCreations Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 8:20pm
post #3 of 4

ooooOoooo pick me too! I have a bad habbit of feeling bad if I tell someone 30.00. but... then there is the part of me that says.. well,, look at what you put into the cake.. So I would LOVEEEE a lil Help on Pricing too! =0) Thanks in advance

APCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
APCakes Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 8:29pm
post #4 of 4

You know, I am thinking that the EASIEST way to price for cakes is just to set a price per serving, including all decorations. It should probably even out in the end. Maybe add $0.25 extra per serving for fondant, and charge a little extra for special things like fondant roses ($0.50 each?), or on a cake by cake basis (like my little pun? icon_smile.gif ).

Check out the local bakeries around you - around here they are about $2-3 per serving for wedding cakes, and maybe a little less for the standard birthday cakes.

I don't want to worry about all the ingredients for each cake, what a hassle!! Some cakes might not bring in as much dough as others this way, but hopefully it evens out. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%