I Have A Challenge For All The Brilliants Minds Of Cc!!!!!

Decorating By amodeoandrea Updated 9 Aug 2007 , 12:22am by amodeoandrea

amodeoandrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amodeoandrea Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 2:28am
post #1 of 31

I just got a cake request For August 4th. This is not a joke, this is the list of things her best friend gave me. "We call her Leppie because she dressed like a leprechaun. So I want some green.", She is obsessed with female hygiene products such as summers eve powder and spray. And she loves salsa music. The guests were told to wear green, a cowboy hat, and bring their favorite salsa music. I AM STUMPED!!! Obviously this cake is supposed to poke fun at the birthday girl. Please help.
Thanks,
Andrea icon_lol.gif

30 replies
NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 2:34am
post #2 of 31

OMG!! icon_eek.gificon_confused.gificon_surprised.gif D-O-U-G!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

chococherry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chococherry Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 2:35am
post #3 of 31

I'm really new here and don't really know what I'm doing, but the first thing I thought was:

A leprachaun with a cowboy hat full of gold pieces, instead of a pot?

nicksmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicksmom Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 2:39am
post #4 of 31

wow!this one requires some heavy thinking. icon_confused.gif maybe a green with some femine products made from fondant.I don't know the first thing about salsa though.good luck.

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 2:39am
post #5 of 31

How about a pot of gold only instead of gold have a leprechaun taking a bath in it with bath products around it, and another leprechaun off to the side dancing.

pmw109 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmw109 Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 2:41am
post #6 of 31

I really hope this birthday girl has a good sense of humor. How about a a pot of gold filled with femine hygiene items with a cowboy hat and a pair of heels (for salsa dancing) resting against the pot? Sorry i can't think of anyting good. very strange request.
Good Luck

Deani Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deani Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 2:41am
post #7 of 31

A green cowboy hat, with its band made to look like the ruffles of a salsa skirt with the Summers Eve logo on a plaque on the band.

krazeekaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krazeekaker Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 2:42am
post #8 of 31

you could do a sombrero (sp?) decorated kind of spanish style but incorporated 4 leaf clovers in it somewhere. or you could do the same thing with a cowboy hat but incorporate jalepenos (lord my spell checker is on the blink tonight...lol) and4 leaf clovers around the brim and hat band and then you could make a little card to stick in the hat band that says something like "as fresh as an irish meadow"

geez it's time for me to go to bed...i'm reaching here..lol

czyadgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
czyadgrl Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 2:42am
post #9 of 31

a leprechan wearing a green and gold salsa dress, dancing with a box of feminine hygine products?

golly. I'm really curious to see how this works out! LOL

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 2:43am
post #10 of 31

My only question is, what specifically is it about feminine hygiene products that she obsesses about? That just plain freaks me out.

I've read lots of crazy things on here but that just takes the cake.

aliciababcock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciababcock Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 2:45am
post #11 of 31

I am still a newbie when it comes to cake decorating, but this was what came to mind. I was thinking of having a pot full of feminine products instead of gold and then have a female leprechaun dressed in a green salsa dress with shamrocks all over it beside it.

GrannieJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrannieJ Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 2:45am
post #12 of 31

If you want to make salsa for the cake you can use red and green jello cut up into really small pieces, to look like tomatos and green peppers.

sarahkate80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahkate80 Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 2:47am
post #13 of 31

I don't know how good you are at figures, but this is what I pictured that would kind of blend together.

What if you drew a woman wearing a beautiful green salsa dress (maybe even a little clover pin on the dress). She could be sitting near a table or on the floor with her purse open with the tamponds etc coming out of it. She could either wear a cowboy hat or have it on the table with the purse???

Hope that gives you something icon_smile.gif

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 2:49am
post #14 of 31

a cake and RKT item

cake -- rounds stacked and decorated w/ gumpaste lid and a poof to look like dusting powder

RKT item -- looks like a spray bottle of type summer's eve comes in

both are GREEN

on box -- go frilly -- could do the diamond pattern and at intersections little shamrock quins or similar: http://www.cakedeco.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_prod.html?p_prodid=4629&p_catid=65&page=3

product name -- summer salsa

could add a leprechaun but put in cowboy hat as part of a logo.

aroostookcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aroostookcakes Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 2:57am
post #15 of 31

czyadgrl said
a leprechan wearing a green and gold salsa dress, dancing with a box of feminine hygine products?

LMAO. icon_lol.gif I would love to see that cake.

It sounds like they're pretty open to anything. I would have fun with it. It all depends on your skill level but what I would think would look the greatist is to do a model of the girl and have all these crazy factors around it. Like they said her in a salsa dress with shamrock pin and wearing a cowboy hat. And I guess feminine products scattered around and some in her hand.

Whatever you do I want to see this cake! Please post it on this forum when your done. And have fun with it.

amodeoandrea Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 3:33am
post #16 of 31

OMG! Everyone! I am just sitting here by myself laughing out loud. I am going to get some of these ideas down on paper. Thanks so much and keep the thoughts coming. I will make sure to post it that day LOL

mvhatteras Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvhatteras Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 6:30am
post #17 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by amodeoandrea

I just got a cake request For August 4th. This is not a joke, this is the list of things her best friend gave me. "We call her Leppie because she dressed like a leprechaun. So I want some green.", She is obsessed with female hygiene products such as summers eve powder and spray. And she loves salsa music. The guests were told to wear green, a cowboy hat, and bring their favorite salsa music. I AM STUMPED!!! Obviously this cake is supposed to poke fun at the birthday girl. Please help.
Thanks,
Andrea icon_lol.gif

How about a leprechaun with a sombrero and poncho on? As far as the feminine products - I think I might leave that part out! Not very appealling for somebody's appetite!

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 5:11pm
post #18 of 31

My first thought was a green cowboy hat with leprechauns dancing around the brim tossing gold coins.

P.S. Congratulations on your weight loss!

amodeoandrea Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 3:29am
post #19 of 31

Thanks!

sarahkate80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahkate80 Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 12:40am
post #20 of 31

I have kept this topic in my "watch box" for a month now looking forward to seeing what happened. I think we would all love to see a picture!!

Pumkinwaffles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pumkinwaffles Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 3:26am
post #21 of 31

Ok make the cake a big ole box of summers eve, standing up fondant covered and what not...next to the cake have a leprechan dancing around a sombrero, there will be lots of green on the leprechan, then have the tagline..."keeping it fresh year after year LEPPIE"!!!!

Happy Baking

Alicia

JawdroppingCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JawdroppingCakes Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 3:29am
post #22 of 31

i don't know but, they all sound pretty good to me. let us know what you end up making

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 3:43am
post #23 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by amodeoandrea

Thanks,
Andrea icon_lol.gif

LOL... funny..

Hmmm what's the outcome?

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 3:54am
post #24 of 31

Just one request amodeoandrea, PLEASE post the final product when you are done -- I believe this has to be seen to be believed!! icon_lol.gif You'll do great!!

newlywedws Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newlywedws Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 3:55am
post #25 of 31

Wonder what was made ?

amodeoandrea Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 11:33am
post #26 of 31

ok everyone, this customer changed her mind about 100 times. It went from being this huge cake to a tiny 8" round. With a penis wearing a cowboy hat and a mexican poncho. Not my favorite cake by far. She only wanted to spend $25 after all of my planning. My computer is being worked on so I should get my pictures up soon. Thanks for ll of the help, sorry it's cheesy.

lynda-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynda-bob Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 12:57pm
post #27 of 31

icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif I'm making too mcuh noise; going to wake the kiddies! I cannot wait to see this cake! icon_biggrin.gif

ETA: Sorry she kept changing her mind; I hate when the cakes are down-sized and designs changed a gajillion times... I bet you did great, though thumbs_up.gif

rosiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecakes Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 1:20pm
post #28 of 31

Still sounds like too much work for $25! I'm so sorry they did that to you.

amodeoandrea Posted 8 Aug 2007 , 12:23pm
post #29 of 31

ok I posted it, I have to say though it's not very good.

lynda-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynda-bob Posted 8 Aug 2007 , 10:17pm
post #30 of 31

icon_lol.gif I just went and looked; I forgot it wouldn't be in your photos icon_redface.gificon_razz.gif They had to have loved it! She got way more than what she paid for! I think it came out very good and I love how the explanation reads "Don't ask". I died icon_lol.gif Great job and an interesting add to your portfolio thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%