I Found Great Chocolate Icing

Decorating By sgirvan Updated 29 Jun 2005 , 1:03am by cupcakequeen

sgirvan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgirvan Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 4:53pm
post #1 of 6

So I made some chocolate cupcakes for a friends class yesterday and I had abunch of B/C icing left and I didn't want to just tint it brown and I also didn't have any cocoa left but......... I did have some whipped ganache in the fridge. I took about 1 cup of B/C icing and added 1/2 cup of the ganache and OMG icon_eek.gif it was so good, I was so tempted to sit ther and eat it out of the bowl with a spoon. My friend said that everyone was fighting over the chocolate and vanilla cupcakes!!

5 replies
aunt-judy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aunt-judy Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 5:20pm
post #2 of 6

that sounds delicious! i love ganache...it's so multi-purpose.

your story reminds me of a visit i had a number of years ago at a camp in michigan where a friend of mine worked -- they weren't running any programs that week, so i had the big kitchen pretty much to myself and i whipped them up a big chocolate-mocha slab cake. there was so much mocha buttercream left over, and they loved it so much, the staff were spreading on their cinnamon buns for breakfast. icon_surprised.gif

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 6:11pm
post #3 of 6

thumbs_up.gif That's what cali4dawn uses. It is delicious!

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 6:30pm
post #4 of 6

That sounds yummy... another trick I found it to mix two parts BC with one part store bought choc. fudge frosting. It still crusts a little and makes a really yummy choc. frosting.
The ganache sounds wonderful, but this works great if you're in a time crunch!

mjarvis78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjarvis78 Posted 29 Jun 2005 , 12:57am
post #5 of 6

I buy the Hershey's Special Dark Choc Chips. I melt it down with a half stick of butter and add it to my bc. Comes out very good, and darker than adding cocoa powder

cupcakequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakequeen Posted 29 Jun 2005 , 1:03am
post #6 of 6

Interesting! I learn sooo much on this site! I'll have to try the BC+ganache! YUM!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%