sgirvan Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 4:53pm
post #1 of

So I made some chocolate cupcakes for a friends class yesterday and I had abunch of B/C icing left and I didn't want to just tint it brown and I also didn't have any cocoa left but......... I did have some whipped ganache in the fridge. I took about 1 cup of B/C icing and added 1/2 cup of the ganache and OMG icon_eek.gif it was so good, I was so tempted to sit ther and eat it out of the bowl with a spoon. My friend said that everyone was fighting over the chocolate and vanilla cupcakes!!

5 replies
aunt-judy Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 5:20pm
post #2 of

that sounds delicious! i love ganache...it's so multi-purpose.

your story reminds me of a visit i had a number of years ago at a camp in michigan where a friend of mine worked -- they weren't running any programs that week, so i had the big kitchen pretty much to myself and i whipped them up a big chocolate-mocha slab cake. there was so much mocha buttercream left over, and they loved it so much, the staff were spreading on their cinnamon buns for breakfast. icon_surprised.gif

Mchelle Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 6:11pm
post #3 of

thumbs_up.gif That's what cali4dawn uses. It is delicious!

peacockplace Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 6:30pm
post #4 of

That sounds yummy... another trick I found it to mix two parts BC with one part store bought choc. fudge frosting. It still crusts a little and makes a really yummy choc. frosting.
The ganache sounds wonderful, but this works great if you're in a time crunch!

mjarvis78 Posted 29 Jun 2005 , 12:57am
post #5 of

I buy the Hershey's Special Dark Choc Chips. I melt it down with a half stick of butter and add it to my bc. Comes out very good, and darker than adding cocoa powder

cupcakequeen Posted 29 Jun 2005 , 1:03am
post #6 of

Interesting! I learn sooo much on this site! I'll have to try the BC+ganache! YUM!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%