Pirouline

Decorating By MillyCakes Updated 8 Nov 2006 , 10:58pm by ShirleyW

MillyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MillyCakes Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 9:46pm
post #1 of 14

Anyone with experience putting these on the outside of buttercream? Can I put them on tonight for a cake tomorrow - or should I wait until a couple of hours before I deliver? Will they get soft overnight? I did not test this time - THIS IS WHAT I GET! icon_redface.gif

13 replies
MillyCakes Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 9:59pm
post #2 of 14

ANYONE?

mindi1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindi1 Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 10:06pm
post #3 of 14

would like to know too.

so i'll give you a bump

Elfie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elfie Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 10:07pm
post #4 of 14

I think they would be fine if put on the outside of crusting buttercream the night before, otherwise non crusting buttercream may cause them to go soft. Let me know how it works, I'm thinking of putting them on the outside of my lemon cake I'm tinkering with.

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 11 Sep 2006 , 12:06am
post #5 of 14

I have put them on SMBC without probelms overnight.

TamNan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TamNan Posted 12 Sep 2006 , 2:33am
post #6 of 14

I have done 3 cakes with the wafers round the buttercream. I have done them the night before and I have not had any of them become soft from the BC. I use crusting buttercream. I have not tried them on a cream cheese icing yet. I have had rave reviews about these cakes. They are fun to do and they lokk VERY RITZY! Have fun!

bayougrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bayougrl Posted 12 Sep 2006 , 2:41am
post #7 of 14

Okay, i'm curious. What is a pirouline?

cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake Posted 12 Sep 2006 , 5:18am
post #8 of 14

A Pirouline is a french cookie wafer rolled thin with a creme inside and the tips may be dipped in chocolate, they look like cigarettes.

bayougrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bayougrl Posted 12 Sep 2006 , 3:35pm
post #9 of 14

Ohh, okay. Thanks cupcake!

Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 12 Sep 2006 , 3:43pm
post #10 of 14

Just don't make the mistake I made by putting the cake in the fridge. The cookies got soft, but it was still really good. Missed the crunch of the cookies!

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 7:54pm
post #11 of 14

Does anyone have an approx. # of how many I would need on the outside of an 8" round cake? I can get an estimate on the pics in the gallery but I'm not sure what size the cakes are. These little guys are expensive and this is a tight $$ week so I don't want to over-purchase.

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 8:20pm
post #12 of 14

Not sure how many I used for an 8" cake, but I had bought the big can from BJ's and i used at least 3/4 of it. Remember you might have some breakage in the can also.

MillyCakes Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 10:29pm
post #13 of 14

I used a big can from costco, but in a pinch I know that two cans from the grocery store will do it!

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 10:58pm
post #14 of 14

Yes, I did this birthday cake last year, it was a 10" round and as I recall it took the whole can or more of cookies to cover. I Measured one cookie to the height I wanted and cut it with a serrated blade knife by sawing it, then I used that cookie as a measuring stick for all of the rest of the cookies. If you are making this the day before I would suggest wrapping the outside of the cake with saran wrap, I found the cookies softened overnight and lost their crispness when exposed to the air. I would also really, strongly suggest you buy the more expensive brand of Chocolate Hazlenut Pirouline cookies made by De Beukelaer, they are so superior to Pepperidge Farms in taste.
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&pos=-82254

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%