Cupcake With A 1M Tip?

Decorating By tayakaleb Updated 13 Sep 2006 , 12:34am by tayakaleb

tayakaleb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tayakaleb Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 1:33pm
post #1 of 9

I have seen all these wonderful cupcakes on here and they look so perfect. They have been done using the 1M tip. So, I went out and bought a 1M tip and tried it and mine don't look as good. They look ok, just not as professional as I had hoped. Any tips on this?

8 replies
mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 1:36pm
post #2 of 9

mine dont always look professional either....I think its just a matter of practicing and not to hurry too much (though its a fast process)....

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 1:37pm
post #3 of 9

What exactly is wrong with them? If you want a nice height to the buttercream, don't make it too stiff and squeeze hard as you make a swirlling motion around the cupcake - it'll resemble a Mr Whippy ice-cream lol!

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 1:38pm
post #4 of 9

it would probably help if we could see them...but I have a few pics in my photo gallery of cupcakes....do they look like mine (as I said mine are far from perfect).

cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 1:47pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerton

it would probably help if we could see them...but I have a few pics in my photo gallery of cupcakes....do they look like mine (as I said mine are far from perfect).

I agree w/ mkerton. I have made cupcakes w/ the 1m tip and they are certainly not perfessional looking.
Are you sqeezing hard enough to get the height or maybe your icing to to stiff or thin??

TandTHarrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TandTHarrell Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 2:01pm
post #6 of 9

i use soft icing i love doing cupcake with hte 1fm they always look so nice

Schmoop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Schmoop Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 3:09pm
post #7 of 9

I found that you have to use a very quick motion as you are squeezing your bag with quite a bit of pressure...take a little practice.

puzzlegut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
puzzlegut Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 3:42pm
post #8 of 9
tayakaleb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tayakaleb Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 12:34am
post #9 of 9

ok...i have posted a picture in the birthday cake gallery. take a look and give me any feedback on how to improve...thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%