Caramel And Candy Apples? And Star Cake

Decorating By niclan15 Updated 10 Sep 2006 , 1:35pm by tayakaleb

niclan15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niclan15 Posted 9 Sep 2006 , 3:24pm
post #1 of 6

OK, my cousin is having a 50th birthday party for her mom, my aunt and wants me to make the cake and some caramel and candied apples for her. First question is what is the easiest way to do the apples? I know how to dip the caramel ones but what is the "candy" on the other ones? and I have cellophane and ribbon for them but will it stick to the apples or will it work the way i want it to? next..she wants a two tiered vanilla cake with chocolate icing and fondant...she said it didnt have to be brown icing, just taste like chocolate..any ideas? also she wants the theme to be stars, in primary colors and wants some stars on wires shooting out of the top...any ideas as to what to do with the rest of it? something cute for someone turning 50? i know this is alot of questions in one but I need some advice or hints..thank you and im quickly becoming addicted to this site!! icon_smile.gif

5 replies
Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 9 Sep 2006 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 6

You can buy a mix at the grocery store for the candy coating on the apples or you can go to Martha Stweart's website. She has a recipe on there for the candy coating.

ChristaPaloma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristaPaloma Posted 9 Sep 2006 , 3:35pm
post #3 of 6

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=search&search=stars&cat=0&pos=190&search=stars

This one could be adapted to your specifics... change the border and add little flowerspray to the border as well...

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 9 Sep 2006 , 3:35pm
post #4 of 6

As far as the chocolate tasting icing is concerned, you can actually get chocolate extract to use as flavoring instead of vanilla. You can also use white chocolate icing.

Debbi

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 9 Sep 2006 , 5:57pm
post #5 of 6

the cellophane bags work well on the apples but they can stick.........what you need to do is make sure there is some air in the bags and that will keep them from sticking too much

tayakaleb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tayakaleb Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 1:35pm
post #6 of 6

have you seen that awesome caramel apple cake in the gallery. I think it is in the childrens birthday category. it is soooooo cool!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%