Tell Me What You Think

Decorating By mom2kay Updated 17 Jul 2007 , 2:47pm by mom2kay

mom2kay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2kay Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 4:48am
post #1 of 6

about my cakes....be honest icon_lol.gif thanks all i love this site i've gotten some ideas from some pics here.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-mom2kay.html

5 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 5:15am
post #2 of 6

It appears you have a creative style, and some things are done well. The stacked 4th of July cake looks very good.

The things you could work on are the execution of the details, such as straight even borders, level cake, and fondant application.

You can do it, just keep practicing.

DebbyTCL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebbyTCL Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 11:21am
post #3 of 6

There are 2 things that I would practice on. 1 is the fondant. Once you have it on the cake, use 2 fondant smoothers to get them smooth on your cakes. Using 2, (1 for each hand, leaves the fondant without the ripple effect from the shape of our fingers) will help a great deal with the edges and corners. 2 would be to practice with the writing tips and develope different styles for different kinds of cakes. (Adult, kids, elegant, monograms, standard,) Your cakes are very creative! Keep up the great work!

tnuty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tnuty Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 11:41am
post #4 of 6

I think you are well on your way you definelty have the flair as said previously you just need more practice as we all did.. Keep up the good work and keep practicing your neighbors will love getting free cakes I know mine did!!

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 2:31pm
post #5 of 6

you do have a lot of creativity. i would say focus on the little things like straight borders, smooth surfaces, etc. you do have the talent for sure!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

mom2kay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2kay Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 2:47pm
post #6 of 6

thanks all i'm hoping to open my own home shop in a year.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%