Ideas For Funeral?

Decorating By amaniemom Updated 27 Jun 2005 , 7:14pm by stephanie214

amaniemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amaniemom Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 3:36am
post #1 of 7

HI. My SIL's mom passed away. MY SIL is just like a sister to me.

I was thinking of making a cupcake cake for the family. Keep in mind I have never done a cupcake cake before but I have a few days before we travel to an other city for the funeral. Any ideas on decorating? I didn't want to make a BCT ( since I have never done that before either, thought I would wait for another time for that). Should I put praying hands on the cake, or any other idaes? I have no clue what to put on it, never made a cake for this occasion. any suggested would be great.
thanks

6 replies
cakeladyofga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladyofga Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 3:50am
post #2 of 7

maybe you could put the cupcakes in the shape of a cross. Maybe put we we'll miss you or we love you. What about puting colored piping gel on it to make it look like stained glass?

crp7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crp7 Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 3:51am
post #3 of 7

I think praying hands would be very nice. I would keep whatever you do simple for this type of ocassion. Maybe a rose cluster or you could do roses in the shape of a cross. There are some very pretty cakes on this site under Celebration cakes/ First communion that I think would appropriate for a funeral as well.

Some would not work with a cupcake cake but you could adapt some of the ideas. I especially like the 'Peach cross' by TheCakeMaven and 'Confirmation cake' by michelleml.

Cindy

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 3:37pm
post #4 of 7

I would say that it depends on the type of woman her mother was. If she was one who lived life to the fullest, I would inscribe the cake with "In Celebration of the life of _____________" and place the years of her life, you know, year born to 2005. If she was a woman who was not so dynamic, a simple "In loving memory of _________" with a spray of roses would work well.

Debbi

amaniemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amaniemom Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 5:47pm
post #5 of 7

thanks for the help guys. icon_biggrin.gif

nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 5:47pm
post #6 of 7

I think the cross with the roses spray would be beautiful-I love cupcake cakes-and I think it is very special of you to want to do one. I know there is always so much food afterwards, but sometimes you just want cake and coffee...what a beautiful tribute.

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 7:14pm
post #7 of 7

Hi,

All of the suggestions are wonderful.

There is a cake posted on Wilton forum in regards to a funeral that might help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%