Bottom Of Spring Form Pan

Decorating By susanmm23 Updated 30 Jun 2005 , 1:02am by dlp

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 26 Jun 2005 , 9:25pm
post #1 of 16

How do you get the bottom of the spring form pan off the bottom of the cheese cake??????

15 replies
CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 26 Jun 2005 , 9:45pm
post #2 of 16

I line my pan with parchment paper, then I use a really large spatula to transfer the cheesecake, once it sits overnight in the fridge, to a cake circle or serving plate.

linnburg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linnburg Posted 26 Jun 2005 , 10:04pm
post #3 of 16

I bought a large round spatula from Carol Wright Gifts catalog for under $5.00. I can easily slip it in by bending the bottom of the pan away from the cake just a bit. http://www.carolwrightgifts.com/cwg_v2/cwg_layout_base2.cfm?mid_sec_page=cwg_prod_detail&seq_no=2&min_seq_no=502&SingleItem=14369
I find more and more uses for this spatula every time I bake.

Sandi

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 26 Jun 2005 , 10:08pm
post #4 of 16

thanks guys. i can never seem to get it off with out ruining the cheesecake. I will try both ideas.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 26 Jun 2005 , 10:39pm
post #5 of 16

Would a very light spray coat of veg. oil help or make it worse? Janice

dlp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dlp Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 11:47am
post #6 of 16

susanmm23.......when you bake your cheesecake line the bottom with parchment paper....like CIndymm44 suggested.....I chill my cheesecakes overnite in the frig.......and then i actually take the bottom from another springform pan and flip it over...(at that point there is nothing on the top....if you bake a sour cream top you'd have to use the spatula method).....then flip back on cake circle....i've never had a problem yet....the key is making sure your cheesecake is cold!

but i think i will look into the large spatula that linnburg suggested....it looks like a useful tool!! icon_biggrin.gif

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 1:22pm
post #7 of 16

..lol...just took two out of the oven!! I put a cardboard round in the pan first, lighty spray w/Pam and then continue with my crust.

dlp Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 2:09pm
post #8 of 16

MrsMissey.....let me know how yours turn out.....i tried that method at Christmas time.....when i was just swamped (i am my only employee... icon_lol.gif ).....and i found that the cardboard rounds absorbed too much of the butter from the crust.....caused me more headaches than it was worth.... icon_eek.gif .....so if you found a way for it to work i'd love to know... usaribbon.gif

MrsMissey Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 2:23pm
post #9 of 16

Having made literally hundreds of cheesecakes this way, I swear by this method! Once I have the crust in place, I bake it for a few minutes and then let it cool before adding the cheesecake part. Bake and cool, then remove the springform part and lift the board off the bottom part of the springform pan. It is usually greasy on the bottom but I put a greaseproof board in my cake box first and then put the other one on top of that (with the cheesecake on it!) The cake board that was in the oven does absord some of the butter, but not enough to make a difference in the cake or crust.

dlp Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 9:18pm
post #10 of 16

MrsMissey...i'm going to try it your way next one i make a cheesecake .....one thing that i don't do....and really never have is pre-bake the crust.....i always thought it make it too crunchy......have you ever not pre-baked the crust?
but that could be why the butter got into the cake board when i baked with it......and it made it toooooooo soft to hold the cheesecake icon_surprised.gif... icon_biggrin.gifusaribbon.gif

MrsMissey Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 10:42pm
post #11 of 16

..I have done it both ways..sometimes I am in such a hurry that I forget to pre-bake the crust. Either way it turns out the same. Someone had told me that by pre-baking the crust, it doesn't get soggy....honestly>>I've never noticed a difference!

What kind of crust to you make? I do graham, villa wafers and oreo crumb...they all seem to work fine. One thing I did notice, is the quality of butter used. I tried on off brand and the board was much messier/greasier. Now I usually just use land o lakes.

edcjenv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edcjenv Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 10:55pm
post #12 of 16

I put a cardboard round in the bottom of the springform too, but I cover it with foil first. I haven't made a ton of cheesecakes, but it seems to work pretty well. Good Luck!

dlp Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 11:54pm
post #13 of 16

now that you mention it......the batch i tried with the cake rounds might have been made with margarine......i was really busy...and i live in a very rural area and didn't have time to go get butter (if i remember correctly ( icon_eek.gif consider that i can't remember what i did yesterday! lol)
so do you think that made a difference?
but you are right....land of lakes is my favorite....and i use the salted

i only make graham crackers crust......so you're nice than me!!! icon_biggrin.gif ..you offer a choice!

but it would be soooo much easier and less time consuming if i could bake them right on top of the rounds......

edcjenv........the thing about the reynolds wrap is that i would think that people might cut right thru it......but have you had luck using it?

dlp Posted 30 Jun 2005 , 12:51am
post #14 of 16

MrsMissey......thought i'd bump this up before i forgot!!! icon_eek.gif .....so what do you think about the margarine in the crust....do you think that's why the cardboard was saturated??? usaribbon.gif

MrsMissey Posted 30 Jun 2005 , 12:55am
post #15 of 16

..there is a very good chance that is the reason. I noticed a big difference when I used the Wellsley brand of butter, now I only use Land o Lakes...never tried margarine!

dlp Posted 30 Jun 2005 , 1:02am
post #16 of 16

thanks.......right now i'm making the 14" cheesecakes for my practice cake for my daughter's wedding....i'm not going to experiement with those...(boy are they big!!!!!! icon_surprised.gif )but when i make the 10" i'm going to try your method.......

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%