Help! Separator Plates Discontinued!!!

Decorating By LaurensCreations Updated 7 Sep 2006 , 3:18pm by vicky

LaurensCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaurensCreations Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 2:28pm
post #1 of 10

I have an oval, stacked, 4 tier wedding cake to make & Wilton just informed me they no longer carry the oval separator plates!! icon_cry.gif What do I do now? Is there any way I can make a decent cake w/out the plates?? Please help!
~~ Lauren

P.S. I already went to E-Bay, no luck, every plate BUT the oval available.

9 replies
briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goal4me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goal4me Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 2:36pm
post #3 of 10

For a stacked cake, couldn't you use double cardboard cake rounds, cut to oval shape and cover with fancy foil. Place a little coconut or ground nuts or something underneath (unless the people have allergies)?

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 2:37pm
post #4 of 10

I had to locate them a year ago. I had luck with a small place in Maryland, I think it was. I no longer have the receipt for them.

I did a search for the plates and found several places that had them. One, didn't offer online purchases. I called them up and told them I was DESPERATE! The manager of the store, called me back and was willing to make the transaction over the phone. I got them about 5 days later.

all4cake Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 2:38pm
post #5 of 10

Chaps my *** that the oval pan set is still sold but the plates have been discontinued.

ME2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ME2 Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 2:40pm
post #6 of 10

I found a set at a local bakery that carries Wilton stuff. You might try calling around.

Did a quick Google search and found these:
http://shop.pattycakes.com/Categories/PLT-PLT-OV.htm
Have never shopped from them or anything, just found on the search. There were lots of other hits in that search too. Searched for "oval separator plate cake"

all4cake Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 2:43pm
post #7 of 10

The problem is that a lot of places haven't update their online information. when you go to actually order them, they are all sold out. I do believe it was the 11" that I had the most trouble locating.

all4cake Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 2:45pm
post #8 of 10

My neighbor got married last year...hunted forever to find them for her.

they're getting divorced this year. if i could get them back from her, I'd send them to you.

LaurensCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaurensCreations Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 3:08pm
post #9 of 10

Thank you all sooooooo much! I've purchased 2 and only need the small 8 1/2 x 6 now. I searched e-bay for hours,before I posted here! lol, I don't know why I could'nt find them there. Worst thing was the shipping charge was more than the cost of the plates <sigh> Again, Thank you!! for your help.

vicky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vicky Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 3:18pm
post #10 of 10

Have you emailed Delores at www.sugarcraft.com yet? Usually she has what I need and gets it to me right away.
Vicky

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%