Plumeria Flowers

Decorating By mrsjah Updated 26 Jun 2005 , 7:17pm by PinkPanther

mrsjah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsjah Posted 26 Jun 2005 , 3:02pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone!!!!

I am in need of help, as I am new to this and loving every minute. The problem I have now is that a friend of mine wants be to do her wedding cake, but in the Wilton New Yearbook for 2006 she wants the Plumeria flower. I understand how to make them, but I guess my question is how do I get the yellow in the center of the flower? icon_sad.gif

I so hope that someone out there will be able to help me in this matter as the wedding is July 10th.

Thanks everyone
Judy

3 replies
MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 26 Jun 2005 , 3:05pm
post #2 of 4

I haven't seen the 2006 yearbook yet so I can't help with your question. Can you post a picture?

Anyway, just wanted to welcome you to Cakecentral...you're gonna love it here! thumbs_up.gif

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 26 Jun 2005 , 3:36pm
post #3 of 4

I just looked at plumerias on Google, and I see that not all colors have yellow centers.

However, I'd either use a small brush and paint the center yellow with thinned BC, or with yellow luster dust. Using the luster dust dry probably would give the softer look that most of the flowers have in the photos I saw. Janice

PinkPanther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkPanther Posted 26 Jun 2005 , 7:17pm
post #4 of 4

Oh I love plumerias! I have a tree out back but it's not blooming yet this year. icon_cry.gif

I would recommend doing the middle kind of like Wilton's morning glory, doing the center color first, and then the petals around it. Here is the link. Hope it helps! thumbs_up.gif

http://www.wilton.com/decorating/basic/morningglory.cfm

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%