Picture Backgrounds

Decorating By MommaLlama Updated 7 Sep 2006 , 4:04pm by RisqueBusiness

MommaLlama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommaLlama Posted 6 Sep 2006 , 8:40pm
post #1 of 10

How do I get rid of the background in a photo? I have Microsoft picture it! Do I have to have a special program?

9 replies
Smvoss99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smvoss99 Posted 6 Sep 2006 , 8:46pm
post #2 of 10

I use adobe photoshop. HTH!

sweetsuccess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsuccess Posted 6 Sep 2006 , 11:56pm
post #3 of 10

You can "crop" the photo to remove most of the background. I don't think Microsoft has the ability to remove the entire background. A favorite software is Adobe Photoshop CS. You can download a free trial verion of this software I at http://www.adobe.com/downloads/

GOOD LUCK!!

FancyLayne23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FancyLayne23 Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 3:27am
post #4 of 10

I use Adobe Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro and Photo Impact. You could probably use just about anything that has a paint brush and paint a solid color in place of everything except what you want to see.

DianaMarieMTV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianaMarieMTV Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 3:34am
post #5 of 10

I can't figure it out either, so I just use a white shower curtain that I bought for a dollar and prop it behind my cake for taking photos. Works for me! I'll have to look into the photoshop thing though, I have it, just don't have the time to learn to use it!

Diana

nenufares Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nenufares Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 3:50am
post #6 of 10

I am not a photo-editor expert, but this is what I do. (Time consuming but I like the result!)

I use microsoft paint. Open your picture and draw a contour line around your cake with any color (I use black).
For straight lines it is pretty easy (use straight line button with the thickest option), for curves you just have to play a little with the curve button. Then I use the rectangle or poligon button (filled with the color of your choice) and fill all the background. Finally fill all the little gaps freehand.
At the begining it was really hard and time consuming but now it takes probably 5-10 minutes.

You can see my pictures untouched here at CC and the same pics with a black background at this webpage:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cakeaddiction

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 2:47pm
post #7 of 10

www.Photofiltre.com Works wonderful.. Free download!

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 3:10pm
post #8 of 10

i have downloaded photofiltre now i just have to learn how to use it!

CakesByEllen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByEllen Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 3:59pm
post #9 of 10

nenufares

Your pictures with the black background look stunning! I'm going to try that method. Saves me from buying new software!

Thanks!

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 4:04pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nenufares

I am not a photo-editor expert, but this is what I do. (Time consuming but I like the result!)

I use microsoft paint. Open your picture and draw a contour line around your cake with any color (I use black).
For straight lines it is pretty easy (use straight line button with the thickest option), for curves you just have to play a little with the curve button. Then I use the rectangle or poligon button (filled with the color of your choice) and fill all the background. Finally fill all the little gaps freehand.
At the begining it was really hard and time consuming but now it takes probably 5-10 minutes.

You can see my pictures untouched here at CC and the same pics with a black background at this webpage:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cakeaddiction

wow, knock me down and pick me up! they look absofreakinglutely stunning and GREAT for a portfolio...

I'm sure going to make time on my off day to play with that!! Thank you so much for sharing!!!

Excellent tip!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%