Cake Flavour Suggestions Please

Decorating By monizcel Updated 7 Sep 2006 , 12:59am by MommyEdzards

monizcel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monizcel Posted 6 Sep 2006 , 7:22pm
post #1 of 3

I am planning on making a stacked cake next weekend (for fun). I am planning on making a strawberry filling (with BC, jam and syrup) as discussed in a previous post.

I am fairly new to cake decorating and I'm having a great time decorating the cakes and experimenting with new flavours and recipes.

My question is what flavour of cake is better (chocolate or yellow) and what type of icing/frosting (chocolate, vanilla or ganache) should cover the cake.

I love chocolate cakes so I was thinking chocolate cake, with strawberry filling and ganache icing with strawberries as decorations.

At the same time, I feel I should be creative and experiment with white cake and potentially good combinations of cake and fillings

Any suggestions and recipes would be greatly appreciated. icon_smile.gificon_cool.gif

2 replies
jdab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdab Posted 6 Sep 2006 , 7:29pm
post #2 of 3

I always experiment with different cake flavours using jello in the cake mix. Another way I have flavoured a cake is by adding skor bits. This works well with a caramel filling.

MommyEdzards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyEdzards Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 12:59am
post #3 of 3

With yellow.... I like a rasberry cream cheese filling
chocolate- how about mixing your chocolate buttercream w/ nutella for a hazelnut filling?
I also like crushing oreos into my buttercream for a cookies n cream,
Carmel???? Yummy!

White- berries n cream, strawberry cream cheese

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%