Edible Image Cost

Business By fat-sissy Updated 15 Jan 2009 , 4:11pm by tirby

fat-sissy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fat-sissy Posted 6 Sep 2006 , 7:04pm
post #1 of 7

I'm so excited. I'm ready to try and peddle my goods! I got business cards and flyers last week. Have decided on what I'm going to charge (for the most part). I just need some help deciding how much extra to charge for an edible image. I know what I pay for ink and frosting sheets, but don't know how many images I get from the ink cartridges since it varies. What do you charge your customers?

6 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 6 Sep 2006 , 7:09pm
post #2 of 7

I see alot of them advertised for between $6.95 and $9.95 on Ebay depending on the size.That is what I would charge.

DianaMarieMTV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianaMarieMTV Posted 6 Sep 2006 , 7:11pm
post #3 of 7

I don't have any hands on experience with edible images, but I would probably vary my cost by size. For example, 5x7 and under, $xx.xx, Over 5x7, $xx.xx.

kharvey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kharvey Posted 6 Sep 2006 , 7:19pm
post #4 of 7

My local Publix charges $8.00 for an edible image that I use on my cakes. They are a little bigger than 5x7 and the quality of the image is not great.

Congrats on getting things together. I wish you only the best with your business.

fat-sissy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fat-sissy Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 1:59am
post #5 of 7

Thanks for the input. I was thinking $5.00.

Brendansmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brendansmum Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 2:02am
post #6 of 7

I usually charge $5 extra for an edible image. I use the 1/4 sheets.

tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 4:11pm
post #7 of 7

I use the 1/4 sheets I believe. I chaarge $5 for 1/2 of that sheet and $10 for a full. It would take at least that much in material and time if I were to do a FBCT.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%