Butter Question

Decorating By cakeladyofga Updated 30 Jun 2005 , 2:54pm by Ironbaker

cakeladyofga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladyofga Posted 26 Jun 2005 , 3:18am
post #1 of 10

I can get a really good deal on land -o- lake 1 lb butter. I can get it for $1.37 a lb. I've checked the local grocery stores where it goes for $3.49. Does anyone know how long butter is good for? What if I freeze it? Should I buy alot? I was thinking of getting a case. TIA

9 replies
Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 26 Jun 2005 , 3:26am
post #2 of 10

You're in GA? Is this a deal through a friend/family member or am I missing a "hot spot" somewhere? lol (I'm in GA)

I would buy a lot because I use it quite a bit and use it in my icings. That is an AWESOME deal! Most should hav expirations dates I believe...?

I buy from Costco and do freeze them.

mrsrunning Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsrunning Posted 26 Jun 2005 , 3:33am
post #3 of 10

you can freeze butter no problem, that is a wonderful deal I would stock up

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 26 Jun 2005 , 3:35am
post #4 of 10

That is a great price...and you definitely can freeze the butter! Janice

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 26 Jun 2005 , 4:15am
post #5 of 10

That IS a great price. I buy about 20# to 30#'s's of butter at a time and just put it in the freezer with no problems!

Mjmil7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mjmil7 Posted 26 Jun 2005 , 8:51am
post #6 of 10

Yes, I would definitely buy it and freeze it. I didn't realize until today when I was going through my new Baking 9-1-1 Rescue from recipe disasters cookbook that you could freeze butter. From now on whenever butter is on sale at the grocery, I will buy more and freeze it. Where is Georgia do you live? I moved to Arizona from Georgia. Janice

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 26 Jun 2005 , 3:14pm
post #7 of 10

Outstanding deal. I wish that my area would run good deals like that. We only have Food Lion and Fresh Pride so the competition isn't big. Freeze away, it will be fine.

*Tip*
To save you some room in the freeze, use a rubbermaid or such container to put it in and you won't have to worry about the boxes falling over when you go into the freeze.

Have fun butter shopping icon_wink.gif

cakeladyofga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladyofga Posted 26 Jun 2005 , 9:55pm
post #8 of 10

Thanks everyone, I think I'll get two cases then. icon_biggrin.gif The retail store that I work at "had" a cafe'. They are letting us (employees) buy all of the "leftover" supplies at cost.

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 26 Jun 2005 , 9:57pm
post #9 of 10

What a great deal! I wish I could get butter for that price. I would definitely stock up.

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 30 Jun 2005 , 2:54pm
post #10 of 10

Speak it and it will happen...

I was at Costco this week and the butter has gone down to $6.79 for FOUR pounds! That's about $1.69 a pound! Yippeee!!!!

So if anyone is in GA...check out Costco. I was there just this past Tuesday. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%