Duncan Hines Yellow Cake Mix?

Baking By thestorklady Updated 14 Jul 2007 , 6:02am by JanH

thestorklady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thestorklady Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 2:27am
post #1 of 5

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum and excited to be a part of it! I have a question. I am making a 3 tiered cake for a birthday party tomorrow. So far, I have made the chococate cake, white cake and want to make a yellow cake. I used duncan hines for the chocolate and white cakes (altering the recipe as Duncan Hines say to when making tiered cakes by using different amounts of oil, water and eggs than what the box says). The question is, I want to make a Duncan Hines yellow cake but the DH website does not give advice for making yellow cakes for tiered cakes. The yellow will be my top tier. How much oil, water and eggs do I use for yellow cake mix or should I just follow the box instructions?
Help Me!!!! icon_smile.gif
The Stork Lady

4 replies
Suebee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suebee Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 2:32am
post #2 of 5

The doctored receipe on this site is great for all kinds of mixes.

Jeffsgal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeffsgal Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 2:42am
post #3 of 5

Welcome to your new addiction!

I exclusively use Duncan Hines of all flavors. My last 3 tier was a combination of chocolate, red velvet, and yellow. I have never had an issue with using the yellow mix in a tiered cake.
I doctor with pudding, and extra egg and additional flavored extracts.

I say go for it!
Good luck with your cake.

frosting111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frosting111 Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 2:49am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestorklady

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum and excited to be a part of it! I have a question. I am making a 3 tiered cake for a birthday party tomorrow. So far, I have made the chococate cake, white cake and want to make a yellow cake. I used duncan hines for the chocolate and white cakes (altering the recipe as Duncan Hines say to when making tiered cakes by using different amounts of oil, water and eggs than what the box says). The question is, I want to make a Duncan Hines yellow cake but the DH website does not give advice for making yellow cakes for tiered cakes. The yellow will be my top tier. How much oil, water and eggs do I use for yellow cake mix or should I just follow the box instructions?
Help Me!!!! icon_smile.gif
The Stork Lady

First of all, Welcome to the greatest cake web site on the Internet!!! thumbs_up.gif

You should be just fine following the box directions especially with the top tier, I never used doctored mixes till I started hanging out on this web site..Tee Hee icon_lol.gif

So don't sweat it, your top tier will be just fine birthday.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 6:02am
post #5 of 5

The info you're seeking is under, "When using any flavor other than white or chocolate"....found under the chocolate directions:

http://cakemaven.com/forums/thread/213.aspx

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%