Resume And Cover Letter Samples....

Decorating By Cakenicing4u Updated 26 Aug 2015 , 9:34pm by tw33tybyrd

Cakenicing4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakenicing4u Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 10:28pm
post #1 of 7

icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif AKA my Sister is the best one ever! I sent her a so-so resume, and she buffed it up like Emeril-- Bam! Bam! Bam! So I am posting it, not for personal accolades-- but so that anyone else looking for a sample can see what a nice one looks like. My searches did not bring back many hits, so this is for future reference for others! Thanks to my sister, Dale! Some of the tabs are off, and the bullets are missing, but you can get the idea, ya? Awesome! I hope that someone else is inspired by this to get out there and get that dream job!

icon_biggrin.gif Cover letter:

In response to your ________ advertisement for a Part Time Cake Decorator, I am pleased to submit my cover letter and resume for your review. You will find that my background and experience are directly applicable to you needs. I have enclosed a resume and a photo collage of cakes I have done recently.

I will bring ten years of cake decorating experience, along with an unabashed passion for cakes. I am always looking for new ideas and putting my creativity to use by creating unique cakes for personal functions. I was a Wilton Class Instructor at Michaels for two years. In the past ten years with Giant, I have decorated thousands of cakes and still, it is what makes my heart sing. I am anxious to put my experience to work for you.

I saw photos of your work at ____________.com and I am sure that I would be a great addition to your team. I am a hard worker and take pride in the work that I create for my clients. I have experience in creating tiered layers and other creative configurations for wedding cakes. Please reference the photo collage Ive enclosed for your consideration.

Thank you for your time, consideration and review of my resume. I will follow up with you within the next week to find out when we can meet in person. Please contact me at the __________or via e-mail at [email protected] at your convenience.

Thank you for your consideration.

icon_biggrin.gif RESUME--

SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
  Ability to manage multiple tasks in a busy work atmosphere
  Excellent skills as a baker, with the pride necessary to create a beautiful, consistent product
  Self motivated with an outstanding work ethic
  Above average customer satisfaction skills
  Experience with both convection and stone hearth ovens
  Ability to bake from scratch and open to new recipes and flavors

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE

March 1997 to present
______ FOOD STORES ________, PA
Cake Decorator  2003 to present
  Responsible for the production of 50 70 cakes daily
  Ice cakes with speed icer, experienced with torting
  Create tiered wedding cakes
  Create butter cream roses in 6 seconds
  Completely decorate ¼ sheet cakes in under 10 minutes

Bakery Manager  1997 to 2003
  Began part time and promoted to manager in three years
  Responsible for ordering all items necessary to support bakery sales & store promotions
  Managed the production and presentation of over 500 items daily
  Increased sales by 20%, Averaged sales of $17,000 to $20,000 per week
  Led Giant Food Stores with the top bakery sales, company-wide
  Supervised, scheduled and trained an average of 18 employees

2004 2006
BLOCKBUSTER VIDEO _________, PA
Assistant Store Manager  2004 - 2006
  Provided leadership, direction and management of 15 customer service and management associates
  Thrived in both independent and collaborative work environments
  Kept store presented at the highest standards for sales and cleanliness
  Quickly learned and put into application new ideas, concepts, methods and technologies
  Reached Million Dollar status in a changing industry

2001 2003
MICHAELS ARTS AND CRAFTS _____________, PA
Wilton Class Instructor  2001 - 2003
  Planned and taught a four session, two-hour class weekly
  Provided a lighthearted, relaxed atmosphere for an enjoyable evening
  Shared my knowledge & passion with a variety of students, ranging in groups from 4 15

REFERENCES

6 replies
katerpillrgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katerpillrgrl Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 10:33pm
post #2 of 7

great job! thanks for posting

hdblue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hdblue Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 4:11am
post #3 of 7

Dear friends

I like Cover letter sample very much.

Very useful for me.

Rgs

platinumlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
platinumlady Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 4:25am
post #4 of 7

Thank you for sharing

lovecakes52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovecakes52 Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 4:37am
post #5 of 7

Thank You for Sharing....... Very Nice! I really like the cover letter thumbs_up.gif

cakebabe7439 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebabe7439 Posted 28 Apr 2012 , 3:43am
post #6 of 7

To make it easy to write your resume, cover letter etc. you can just do it online at http://resumizer.com
I wrote mine there and was very pleased, they didn't charge me a penny! icon_biggrin.gif

tw33tybyrd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tw33tybyrd Posted 26 Aug 2015 , 9:34pm
post #7 of 7

that is awesome

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%