Artisan Kitchenaid For $150 At Lowe's

Decorating By SweetieD Updated 17 Oct 2007 , 11:51am by cakeatopia

THESUGARCOW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
THESUGARCOW Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 3:51pm
post #61 of 881

i just came back from lowes i ask for a flier and thay gave one annd there it was!
went to the back
i saw a black one, with the price 299$ on sale... i told the young guy there i wanted that one but the price didnt match....
so he look for the model number and said..he cant give that one....if i wanted that one it will be 299$ he look at the computer and three mdel numbers came at that price 150$
the funny thing about it..was that is special order....and it was 375$ !! regular price icon_confused.gif
icon_eek.gif so i dont know... he just told me it must be a reason why this ones are this 150$ price
you could choose many color too ...
my it is crome it was even more custom order? icon_confused.gif
i dont know.. i hope there is nothing sneaky there.. icon_eek.gif
there is a saying in spanish
that translates something like
i hope im not getting a cat instead of a hare?
what you think this guy didnt even mention oh it is a mistake in the price... icon_confused.gif

candice1988 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candice1988 Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 3:59pm
post #62 of 881

It ends the 26th.

tiffanypatton79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiffanypatton79 Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 4:11pm
post #63 of 881

Thanks for all this info cc'ers I'm going to call tomorrow and order mine.. the 23rd's my birthday so it will be my own present thumbs_up.gif
However i went online through the link and pink wasen't avalible i was wondering if i missed somthing? thanks !

susies1955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susies1955 Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 4:40pm
post #64 of 881

HELP!!!
Could someone help me?
I just had Lowe's call me back with the info. She said that it was on the shelf for $299 and on sale for $150 so I ordered it BUT am I getting the right one? They did NOT have an ad paper in the store. She claims it is the one in the paper.
It is KSM150 a 5 quart/325 watt Artisan Kitchenaid Mixer/tilt head and something about a shield. She said she didn't know about the speed which is suppose to be 10. Did I get the right one OR a lower end model?
Does someone have the Lowe's Ad to send to me please so I can verify it when it comes in? I WON'T go home with the wrong one. icon_smile.gif
I ended up paying $160.50 and will be to the store in 15 days.
Susie

mekaclayton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mekaclayton Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 5:16pm
post #65 of 881

icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif OMG!!! I am trying to convince my husband that I really need this. He just does not understand. I'm trying to put it in terms that he can relate to but it doesn't seem to be affecting him. LOL LOL. Regardless, I'm going to try to get mines before the 26th. My anniversary is on the 21st....I think this would be the best gift ever icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif You CAN NOT beat that price. Thanks sooooooooo much for sharing this info!!! My 1st KA....yeah!

THESUGARCOW Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 5:20pm
post #66 of 881

that is what i said
they have the same speed 5quart artisan but the model number it is different from the one on the shelfs and has the price 299$
the one i got it is special..order..cromes,copper.and nickel i think..and costs 75$ more..i guess because...the materials...
and well i said yeah! why not... icon_lol.gif
i dont know but still dont know the diference of price.... icon_confused.gif is so different... icon_eek.gif
i wish somebody will be able to tells us..they didnt even ....say oh it is a mistake..the computer also has that 150$ price... icon_confused.gif

norma20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
norma20 Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 5:24pm
post #67 of 881

I am so happy!!! Just came back from Lowes with my new and first Kitchen Aid. They had only two, a black one and metallic chrome. I got the chrome one. It so heavy and sturdy! With tax I paid $160.50.

The cashier did not understand, called another one for help, both called the manager, and he just signed to the girls that it was okay.

Many thanks to SweetieD for the tip.

Norma

THESUGARCOW Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 5:34pm
post #68 of 881

icon_surprised.gif
i forgot to thank!
thak you so much !
and forgot to tell that i also bought the big chocolate fountain for 9.97$!!!
couldnt believe it ,,that was for.100$ at michaels in christmas! icon_eek.gif
i hope it works good i mean why the put it so low price? i hope it is good for that purpose icon_confused.gif

brownsugar1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brownsugar1 Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 7:19pm
post #69 of 881

The Copper Aristsan had a different Model Number (KSM152PS..). It is grouped under the Custom Metallic Series with the true Chrome, and Nickel. The lady at Lowes had a KitchenAid Order Book that list all the colors and diffrent models, etc.

I liked the Cranberry, but it was not available in the Artisan 5qt 325 watts mixer on sale. Nor the Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness.

Also, for the ones that wanted more detail..here is the link to the Artisan Kitchenaid on sale on Kitchenaid.com with all the available colors. The last 2 or 3 characters in the model number is the color description. For example mine was Onyx Black (OB) so it was KSM150PSOB

http://www.kitchenaid.com/catalog/product.jsp?src=Stand+Mixers&cat=310&prod=347

I didn't have a sales paper so I went into Lowe's. As soon as you walk in there are the sales papers. I picked up 3 just in case they removed them from the stores.

tomtom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tomtom Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 7:28pm
post #70 of 881

hi i just called lowes they were asking me for the item number on the ad
the sales guy said he cant find anything about a sale and that i should find the item number on the ad
does anyone have this by any chance i really dont want to miss out in this icon_cry.gif

laurafromtx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurafromtx Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 7:44pm
post #71 of 881

I just got back from Lowes and brought a flyer back with me (I asked for one at the Customer Service desk, and ta-da! they gave it to me, can you say happy dance?) The flyer does not have the the item number for the Artisan, it just says "$150 A. Artisan Stand Mixer - 325 watt - 10 speed - 5 quart bowl with ergonomic handle - Available through Special Order". It's on page 2 of the flyer along with $50 2 slice Metal Toaster and 5-Speed blender that also say available through special order and neither of which have an item number.

I have to give a big thanks to SweetieD too - my nephew is getting married in October and they have the black onyx Artisan on their registry. My mom was wanting to buy it for them and now the price is extra special right!

I am bad, I ordered the Ice and the Cobalt Blue color for my backups, and am on the phone to more people letting them know before Lowes changes their mind and retracts the flyer.

rcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcs Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 7:52pm
post #72 of 881

tomtom-there is no item # listed in the flyer..that's their mistake. The KA mixer is on page 2 (the inside of the front pg.) It's the sale circular for 7/15-7/26. Their in-store item # on the red one I purchased is 184335. You can always give him that one to start with! Hope that helps!

CakesbyMonica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyMonica Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 8:04pm
post #73 of 881

I just ordered! I called my Lowes and had the item number available from the KA website (its under the picture of the KA). I ordered metallic silver. The only bump was the guy say "Hmph, wonder why it did that?" and then on we went. It'll be here in 4-5wks!!! THANKS SO MUCH. I told DH its my birthday present this month!

emccle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emccle Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 9:31pm
post #74 of 881

I just came back from Lowe's. They said I could order any color I wanted. I chose Blue Willow. I should have it by July 30. Yeah!

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 9:52pm
post #75 of 881

I went to Lowes this morning and ordered an Ice Blue for my someday daughter-in-law. My mother wanted to get them one, but was waiting for the price to go down. They get to wait until they finally set a date for their wedding and then get married to be able to receive it. Maybe this will speed up their decision. Thanks for the heads up on this great buy.

tomtom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tomtom Posted 16 Jul 2007 , 1:59am
post #76 of 881

Thanks so much to SweetieD and everyone else who made this possible i just got back from Lowes ordered mine and should have it in another 2 weeks
i ordered onyx icon_lol.gif yaayyyyyyyyyyyy

aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 16 Jul 2007 , 4:02am
post #77 of 881

I was able to get one today in Tucson. I already had a 250watt that has a hard time with MMF. So now I can do it with the 325. I had to speak with the manager and he did the override on the price. I ended up with a chrome finish right from the store.

YEAH!!!! I can't wait to use it.

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 16 Jul 2007 , 1:25pm
post #78 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom

hi i just called lowes they were asking me for the item number on the ad
the sales guy said he cant find anything about a sale and that i should find the item number on the ad
does anyone have this by any chance i really dont want to miss out in this icon_cry.gif

tomtom-find the KA model number that you want and tell them to bring it up that way. That's what I did when I ordered mine this morning! He couldn't get it to come up in the system and I gave him my KA model number and it worked. thumbs_up.gif

nelja5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nelja5 Posted 16 Jul 2007 , 6:26pm
post #79 of 881

I just got mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hohohohohohh

My husband told me to go and get it it was goign to be a present for me. I got it mettalic silver color!!!

I am so excited, now I will wait it will be here in a week jijijijijijiji.

meggers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meggers Posted 16 Jul 2007 , 6:32pm
post #80 of 881

Thanks for posting about this. I went to Lowe's and got my mixer yesterday. I'm so excited.

nelja5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nelja5 Posted 16 Jul 2007 , 6:36pm
post #81 of 881

I forgot to say a Big Thank YOU!! For letting us Know!!!!!!

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 16 Jul 2007 , 7:08pm
post #82 of 881

I just came back from Lowe's - was intending to get one for my aunt. I told the guy at the appliance section I wanted the copper from the Custom Metallic Series (KSM152PSxx models). He gave it to me for $150!!! I could not believe it. The MSRP on those models is $529 (Artisan Series MSRP is $350). I think he should not have given it to me for that price because it's not part of the Artisan Series and the ad clearly states Artisan series.

He showed me the employee price was $380 on those KSM152s icon_smile.gif

When I got back to my car, I called my hubby and told him the story. He asked me to go back and get another one for me! Yay! I really need another mixer like I need a shot in the head icon_lol.gif But I didn't argue with him and got me a chrome one from the same Custom Metallic Series.

Thank you SweetieD for letting us know about this icon_smile.gif

Ginnycakes3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ginnycakes3 Posted 16 Jul 2007 , 10:33pm
post #83 of 881

Thank You ,Thank you, and Thank you again for posting this. I have alway's wanted a Kitchen Aid mixer. Talked it over with hubby, called our local Lowes Store, and ordered one in Tangerine. The total with tax came to 159.00. They never questioned anything about the price or said it was a mistake. I'll be getting it in 2 week's. Very excited.

I did some research online to compare prices and this is absolutely the best priced deal I could find! icon_biggrin.gif

sisspence Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sisspence Posted 16 Jul 2007 , 11:16pm
post #84 of 881

My mom went and picked mine up today. I already have one that is over 30 yrs. old, but it still works like a charm. But who could pass up that bargain. She says they put up a fight, and she held her ground. They already went and picked up all the sales papers out of the store. The man tried to tell her that since she didn't had a sales paper with her, she couldn't prove it. That was the straw that broke the camals back. She asked the man, that since I don't have a sales paper, I can't buy anything that has sales price that is in the ad? His reply was "you can buy sales item except the KA." She walked off before she lost her temper. When she went to the next isle, she found a sales paper in spanish. She showed it to the man, he said that he didn't read spanish. Her reply was "look at the picture dumb @$$, it's a picture of a KA with $150.00 beside it. No matter what language, it still the same." He then told her that there was not any in stock and that they couldn't order them just because the sales ad was wrong. My mom then walked over to the small appliance isle, put one in her cart (which happened to be the only one left) and took it up front to the man. He told her, "stay here and I will take to the office and verify with the manager." She said if the manager wants to see it so bad, he can come out here, you are not take this KA out of my site. needless to say, after 45 min. she paid $162.00 with tax and I am now a happy camper.

Sorry for such a long story, but I was just so proud of her for holding her ground.

Susan

Sunflower08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunflower08 Posted 16 Jul 2007 , 11:34pm
post #85 of 881

Thanks so much for this info!! I just recently purchased a refurbished one for $200.. I saw this and I went to my lowes and got it for $150 new.. So the refurb is going back! THANKS!!!!!!

patticake1951 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticake1951 Posted 16 Jul 2007 , 11:51pm
post #86 of 881

I have been wanting to get one, but dh is wondering if the 325 watt one will hold up. I have a 450 w sunbeam stand mixer now and you can hear the gears grinding in it, and I don't use it everyday like most of you, and only had it since last year. He is thinking I need one with more power. Will these hold up?

mccorda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mccorda Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 12:05am
post #87 of 881

I just ordered mine! I got the Almond Cream. I found a "free take one" that lists the colors available. They are:
Imperial Black, Imperial Gray, Metalic Chrome, White, Caviar, Cobalt Blue, Crystal Blue, Grape, Cranberry, Reef Blue, Surf Green, Tangerine, Mango Orange, Lemon, Citron, Majestic Yellow, Ice, Almond Cream, Pistacio and Pink. The part numbers all started with KSM150PS-- the last 2 letters are the color code. Example: mine was KSM150PSAC
When the gentleman at Lowes found the number and typed it in the computer, the prices came up at $150.00 with no problem. Nothing even indicated that it was supposedly a wrong price. The store should have a KitchenAid special order book at the apliance counter that the employee can look up the part numbers, but if you ask them to look up the KSM150 they should be able to bring up all the part numbers on their computer screen. Happy Shopping Ladies!!
Thank you for pointing out this wonderful sale to us!!!!!

THESUGARCOW Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 12:11am
post #88 of 881

icon_confused.gif well i hear this kind of kitchenaid it is not that good
for the reason that you have to pick the head up to take the bowl out. i saw the same motor for 200$ at khols and it is with tha handler in the side to take the bowl out....
i have a profesional cost me 600$ and something have no problems....and the handle it is in the side too..
im kind of scare this is really that good deal we are thinking this is to take it over seas ....so i hope it will be fine.....

norma20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
norma20 Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 12:28am
post #89 of 881

Sisspence, tell your mom that she's GREAT! thumbs_up.gif

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 12:30am
post #90 of 881

i ordered mine today. a really pretty metallic chrome one! we had a ton of trouble with the people at lowes and i did end up having to order it, which didn't make sense to me since the exact one i wanted was sitting on the shelf. but i'm so psyched to get a new one!! dh had a gift card, so i got it for $100! i can't wait to get it and name it! i wonder if it will be a boy or a girl! lol

thank you so much to sweetied for posting this!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%