How Can I Make A Treasure Chest?

Decorating By jmarks Updated 14 Mar 2014 , 9:27pm by 9grands

jmarks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmarks Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 12:04am
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone...I am making a pirate/ship cake for my nephews b-day and I wanted to put a treasure chest on it filled with "gems"

I tried to make a little box out of cardboard the other day then I was going to cover it with fondant but that didn't work!

Does anybody have any ideas on how I can make a treasure chest, fairly quickly?

Thanks!!

3 replies
weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 1:13am
post #2 of 4

I used a cardboard earring containter and covered it with gumpaste and made a ring box for a sugar diamond ring. I was able to make it open because I used a rolled sausage under the top cover.You can make your pirate chest the same way You have to have something under the top cover until it dries though. If you have problems with it, you can always make a solid block of gumpaste and cut a top and have it hang the other way. Then you can make your jewels. I suggest either using dragees or you can make your own using isomalt.
If you need any help, pm me.

stacyyarger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stacyyarger Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 1:24am
post #3 of 4

Hi, I just did on on Saturday for my son. I used a bread pan and used candy for the jewls. If you need anything else PM me.

Good Luck,
Stacy

9grands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
9grands Posted 14 Mar 2014 , 9:27pm
post #4 of 4

HELP? I made one of these, rears, and years ago? But I cant remember much of how I did this? How can I stop the lid from falling down? Grandson's party is tomorrow? And this is what he asked for?! TY!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%