Satin Icing

Decorating By threesa Updated 27 Apr 2006 , 1:45pm by Kimanalynn

threesa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
threesa Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 1:55pm
post #1 of 9

I have found your recipe for satin icing. Is this the same as fondant only that it tastes better? I have herd of this but haven't tried it. I want to make a batch to try but am not sure of one of the ingredients. Is icing sugar the same thing as powdered sugar? I also am just trying to work with fondant and still not very good at it. Any tips??

8 replies
KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 4:09pm
post #2 of 9

I am not sure but I dont think the satin icing is like fondant. I do know that icing sugar is the same as confectioners sugar. Also if you are looking for one that looks like fondant but tastes better I would advise trying the marshmallow fondant or rolled butter cream. Good luck! icon_biggrin.gif

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 4:47pm
post #3 of 9

Hi Threesa, glad to see another Texas neighbor!

Yes, you really should try the marshmallow fondant, it is very good! The last I had left out of a batch never made it to a cake, I ate it like candy!

I haven't tried the satin icing yet either, if you try it, please let us know what you think! Janice

nernan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nernan Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 11:54pm
post #4 of 9

The language difference baffles me too at times, the satin icing is like fondant but i havent tried it yet.

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 18 Jul 2005 , 2:44pm
post #5 of 9

Ihave tried Satin Ice its Great if you are from the dallas area their is a place in plano that sells it ready made it works just like fondant I just did a cake this weekend with it icon_smile.gif

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 18 Jul 2005 , 2:55pm
post #6 of 9

It's Satin Ice that is a good tasting fondant. I use it all of the time. I don't know about Satin Icing though. What's in the recipe ~ we can figure out if it's a fondant or an icing by the recipe.

Debbie

nernan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nernan Posted 18 Jul 2005 , 10:44pm
post #7 of 9

It is a fondant, its from a Margaret Fulton book, its in the recipe section

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 19 Jul 2005 , 12:18pm
post #8 of 9

Hmmmm ~ I buy the Satin Ice fondant. I haven't seen a recipe. The purchased type tastes good. The white and the colors taste like vanilla and the chocolate tastes wonderful! It's very easy to work with also. If the recipe is an easy one i'd definitely try it.

Debbie

Kimanalynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimanalynn Posted 27 Apr 2006 , 1:45pm
post #9 of 9

Icing sugar is the same as powdered or confectioners sugar, I believe.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%