Need Ideas For Quilters Group Cookies

Baking By Cookies4kids Updated 13 Jul 2007 , 12:27pm by cakesonoccasion

Cookies4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookies4kids Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 11:11am
post #1 of 7

I have volunteered to make cookies favors for a quilters group that does a lot of wonderful things for a camp for handicapped kids. Do any of you have pictures or ideas that you could share with me? I also need some ideas for the centerpieces on the tables. Thanks so much.
Lilybird

6 replies
harmonhouseofraymond Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
harmonhouseofraymond Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 11:25am
post #2 of 7

Hi,

I saw these cookie cutters on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/4-COOKIE-CUTTERS-Sewing-Quilting_W0QQitemZ260136270378QQihZ016QQcategoryZ4046QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
They are a sewing machine, thimble, spool and sissors. They are pretty neat.

Maybe for a center peice you could get those really tall thread bobbins and attach diffrent color squares and have a little jar on top of the bobin with buttons or other acrutraments and tell people to decorate them and you can colect them at the end and tell them you will get them put together and it would be a great keepsake for the group.

cakequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakequeen Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 11:39am
post #3 of 7

You may be able to use a square, round or heart cookie cutter and write thank you on it. At the end of the word "you" a fondant needle could be threaded to looked like it just quilted the thank you. You could make cookie centerpieces using these cookies. The attendees could then remove their cookie favor from the centerpiece.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 11:55am
post #4 of 7

A variety of quilt squares would be colorful and fun. A square cookie cutter and you're good to go!

kbochick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbochick Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 10:13pm
post #5 of 7

I was thinking quilt squares, too. You could do triangles as well. Make them colorful, and fit together into a pretty design.

Cookies4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookies4kids Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 10:10am
post #6 of 7

Thank you all for the great ideas. I will get busy and try some of these things this week.
Lilybird

cakesonoccasion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesonoccasion Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 12:27pm
post #7 of 7

You could really do ANYTHING- and make it "patchy" by outlining it and adding the little lines that look like the stitches. Sounds like fun- be sure to post!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%