Last Minute Wedding Cake

Decorating By susanmm23 Updated 28 Jun 2005 , 4:03am by susanmm23

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 3:35am
post #1 of 11

Ok so my best friend calls me and asked me if i had time to do a cake next for next saturday.(thats july 2) Of course i ask who its for and she says a friend of hers from school who is getting married. He fiance is being sent to iraq in about a month maybe sooner. So they are throwing together a small wedding. We are talking 30 people 40 max. so far the bride is planning on dark purple and white for her colors. ANy ideas???? This is going to be very basic.

10 replies
debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 4:08am
post #2 of 11

Pansys! There is nothing prettier(to me anyway) than the simplicity of dark purple pansys. Plus, with the bits of yellow and white inside the flower......

Debbi

susanmm23 Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 4:29am
post #3 of 11

great idea. we are trying to get some pictures to show her so she can get an idea for sure of what she wants. This will be my first wedding cake to make. My best friend also happens to be my cousin. Most of the cake we do we do them together. We are a team. Anyways i am volunteering my skills and she is buying everything. The cake will be a gift to the bride. im trying to figure out sizes ande verything so we can get an idea of what we will be doing.

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 4:35am
post #4 of 11

This is a cake I have saved in my faves...can't remember who made it. Sorry--I wish I could give credit. It's beautiful and not too big.

Violets

APCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
APCakes Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 4:38am
post #5 of 11

To save time, try dark purple fresh flowers! I don't know flowers well, so I can't suggest specific ones, but fresh are so beautiful, (sugar are great, but no one can match God's creations!) and will take a lot of the stress off you.
Just make sure they are safe to put on the cake - just ask the florist. Good luck!

susanmm23 Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 4:50am
post #6 of 11

Yeah we were thinking of fresh flowers. we want to try to have 3 tiers not sure what sizes yet. maybe using some sort of ribbon as a border she doesnt want fondant. she doesnt mind if the whole thing isnt edible so we are in luck there. She really isnt being picky, she really doesnt even know what she wants. im making a copy of that cake you postedl isa to show her. are orcids(sp) safe for cakes?????? I love the way they look.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 5:06am
post #7 of 11

Awww, Lisa, that cake is so pretty! I love it!

Of course, the fresh flowers are a good idea too!

Violets, irises, gerbera daisies (I think come in purple), phlox (sp), orchids, sweet peas, camelias maybe, and of course the pretty pansies.

If you are doing BC or royal flowers they can be any flower can be purple! Janice

veejaytx Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 5:10am
post #8 of 11

Hey, Susan, lots of people use orchids, I think they are so beautiful and classy looking!

Sometimes with fresh flowers they will put a bowl or container with water on top of the cake to put the flowers in so they will stay fresh. With our Texas heat and humidity that might be a good thing to think about!.

Good luck to you and the bride and groom too. Janice

susanmm23 Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 5:11am
post #9 of 11

thanks janice. I just got off the phone with my cousin and she says she is alomost 100% we will be using fresh flowers. She has been cruising the internet looking for ideas as well. maybe tulips i asw some purple ones at the store the other day. I love tulips.

veejaytx Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 5:42am
post #10 of 11

Here is an iris that might be a nice substitute for orchids, they come in a deep purple.

Here is a pretty square cake with irises on top.
www.harrahs.com/.../ squareiris_cake_md.jpg
LL

susanmm23 Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 4:03am
post #11 of 11

ok so we have all the info for the cakes wow did we luck out. The bride doesnt want any fillings just a basic white cake. She wants contoured cakes. she wants petals instead of whole flowers and she already bought the ribbon she wants on the bottom of each layer. She decided she wants a grooms cake as well it too will be very easy. She wants square basic white cake no filling with chocolate icing with milk and white chocolate drizzeled over the whole cake with chocolate dipped strawberries.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%