How To Clutter A Cookie Bouquet!

Baking By pottedmeatchunks Updated 12 Jul 2007 , 2:56am by GI

pottedmeatchunks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pottedmeatchunks Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 2:58pm
post #1 of 19

Hello everyone,

I made my 1st cookie bouquet last night and successfully overpacked it to the extreme!!! The idea was I made too many cookies so I could pick the best to go into the pot but well I loved them all so I had to use them all!! I actually had the guts to bubble wrap and pack that monster into a box and ship it across the country to my mom for her 60th b-day. I already warned her its probably coming in 50+ pieces icon_lol.gif

I can't remember but I think theres a dozen 1/2 inch NFSC in there... icon_biggrin.gif
LL

18 replies
kalico Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kalico Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 3:02pm
post #2 of 19

they're beautiful!

gabbenmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gabbenmom Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 3:02pm
post #3 of 19

It looks great! I think she will love them (even if they break a little icon_smile.gif ). What did you use to decorate them with? Great job! Aren't they fun?!

CookieChef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieChef Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 3:02pm
post #4 of 19

It's beautiful! I'm sure your Mom will love it.

sweetlikepie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlikepie Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 3:04pm
post #5 of 19

It looks really good. I'd love to try one of these someday.

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 3:11pm
post #6 of 19

It looks great, she will love it.

pottedmeatchunks Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 3:14pm
post #7 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbenmom

It looks great! I think she will love them (even if they break a little icon_smile.gif ). What did you use to decorate them with? Great job! Aren't they fun?!

oh my gosh i LOVE baking and decorating cookies now!!!! i used wilton's recipe for royal icing on these, only because the recipe looked easy and i had all the ingredients on hand

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 5:35pm
post #8 of 19

Aren't cookies great? I know I'm better at decorating cakes, but I like doing cookies so-o-o much more. I've gotten almost obsessed, and I think my co-workers are actually getting tired of cookies every Monday!

pottedmeatchunks Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 7:24pm
post #9 of 19

GeminiRJ I LOVE the May Day cake in your photos!! Where do you get green cookie sticks from?

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 8:33pm
post #10 of 19

I used the green food coloring spray. It was something someone suggested on this web-site, and it worked fantastic. No mess!

kwdonlon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kwdonlon Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 10:28pm
post #11 of 19

I love your flowers! If they break, you could say, "Happy Birthday, Mom! Hope you love your cookie jigsaw puzzle!"

CoreyV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoreyV Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 10:33pm
post #12 of 19

looks awesome I am sure she will love it

Angelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angelgirl Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 10:37pm
post #13 of 19

The cookies may arrive in one piece- have faith! I've now shipped 4 cookies bouquets and each one has arrived perfectly! I just followed the directions on here for how to wrap a cookie bouquet!

Your bouquet looks great and I know she'll love it!

tdybear1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdybear1978 Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 10:47pm
post #14 of 19

this may seem like a stupid question but do you cut your cookies before or after you bake them? I am going to be doing some shaped like the state of oklahoma and I am worried that if i cut them before baking that they will lose their shape after baking when they spread? am i wrong or is there a certain recipe I should use to minimize spreading? thanks

pottedmeatchunks Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 11:17pm
post #15 of 19

tdybear, use the no fail sugar cookie (NFSC) recipe on this site for minimal cookie spreading. use cookie cutters pre-baking. i was afraid they wouldnt taste super because of the high flour to sugar ratio but they are surprisingly delicious and honestly once you load them up with ultra sugary royal icing they dont need so much icon_biggrin.gif

ljudd1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljudd1969 Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 11:26pm
post #16 of 19

I think your boquet looks wonderful. I have never used royal icing on cookies before. I've been wanting to because I figured it would solve the problem of the bc icing sticking to the celophane. I have been too afraid though that it would get too hard and not taste as good. Does it stay soft underneath?

pottedmeatchunks Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 12:34am
post #17 of 19

nope the RI gets super hard. but I've heard people talk about toba's glace on this site that it hardens on top but is still soft to bite into, ive never tried it personally

ljudd1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljudd1969 Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 1:14am
post #18 of 19

Good to know, thanks.

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 2:56am
post #19 of 19

I've used BC frosting on my cookie-on-sticks and they are so much better tasting than RI. However, I've never shipped them at all. Also, try Almond extract for flavor instead of Vanilla. Almond really makes the cookie flavor pop out, no matter what icing you use!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%