Parchment Triangles Vs. Disposable Piping Bags

Decorating By cakerator Updated 5 May 2016 , 2:24am by kakeladi

cakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakerator Posted 1 Sep 2006 , 3:04am
post #1 of 13

which do you prefer to use and why?

also, for those of you who use parchment triangles, do you always use a tip? or do you find it easier to leave the tip out? ( maybe for piping small writing)

12 replies
mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 1 Sep 2006 , 3:08am
post #2 of 13

I just cant seem to do parchment triangles...unless i have just a small amount of a color for a few accents otherwise i get the icing to come out just about everywhere...so I prefer disposable out of those two choices, but featherweight are my absolute favorite.

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 1 Sep 2006 , 3:12am
post #3 of 13

I like them both the same and I do use a tip in the parchment bag. Also, I reuse the disposable bags...just pop them in the dishwasher and they are good to go again thumbs_up.gif .

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 1 Sep 2006 , 3:21am
post #4 of 13

I prefer the disposables. Love the idea of parchment triangles, but I just can't make them work. The icing comes out around the tip. I like the featherweight bags, but I put mine in the dishwasher and they were ruined. And I'm just not that fond of washing dishes by hand.

cakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakerator Posted 1 Sep 2006 , 3:22am
post #5 of 13

oh really? good to know! icon_smile.gif

DianaMarieMTV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianaMarieMTV Posted 1 Sep 2006 , 3:28am
post #6 of 13

My featherweights do fine in the dishwasher. I just turn them inside out and use a wooden clothespin to pin them to the top rack.

I prefer the disposables, but I'm learning to love parchment. At first I didn't like the folding thing, but I am getting used to it and find them very convenient for small jobs!

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 1 Sep 2006 , 11:17am
post #7 of 13

I dont really like disposibles, they are hard on my hands. I really like the featherweight the best. I never ever thought I would like parchment triangles until I started doing Chocolate transfers. They work great for me for that. I dont know if I would use them with icing unless I only had a few details to do.

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 1 Sep 2006 , 1:13pm
post #8 of 13

I use parchment triangles b/c they are so much easier to clean up. I usually use a tip with them. When I'm done I just take the tip out and toss the parchment bag. Now if I'm using the same color with several different tips then I would use my wilton decorating bags or the disposable bags.

debilou68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debilou68 Posted 1 Sep 2006 , 1:15pm
post #9 of 13

parchment triangles are all i own and all i use,, the most affordable thing for me.. and i've almost gotten it down to an art rolling those things into a cone,, Now when i have some free time,, i'll take out some roll em , flatten em,, put em back in box,, that way they are "coned" and ready to use when i have a cake to do..

aundron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundron Posted 1 Sep 2006 , 1:35pm
post #10 of 13

I TOTALLY love disposable bags; I like them better than the featherweights, no cleaning bags!!! I use the parchment for small things and I always use a tip with them; the one thing I hate about parchment bags is folding them!!!

emmascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmascakes Posted 1 Sep 2006 , 1:44pm
post #11 of 13

Parchment triangles for me. I sit and make a whole stack of them before I start any project. I always use a tip in them to keep the shape of what I'm piping.

Vergaline Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vergaline Posted 4 May 2016 , 11:56pm
post #12 of 13

I adore disposables mainly because they are disposable. Remove the icing tips and toss the rest. I used to use the reusable ones, but its hard to get rid of the icing smell. Tried bleaching them, but that just made them hard and they smelled so sour I had to toss them. I can't make a parchment triangle to save my life, so now I buy several sizes of the disposable ones in boxes of 100 (premade).

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 May 2016 , 2:24am
post #13 of 13

Even though this is a VERY OLD thread there is some valuable info for some of our newer posters/decorators :)

I don't like those clear, plastic disposables - they are soooo thick in your hand and throws off my pressure ;(

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%