Stuffed Strawberries......you Have To Try Them!

Decorating By kerri729 Updated 20 Jul 2007 , 3:01am by gibbler

kerri729 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerri729 Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 5:39pm
post #1 of 19

I printed the stuffed strawberries recipe from this site quite some time ago and finally made them last night since strawberries were on sale for $1.69/quart..........oh how yummy! My intent was to have a few last night with the kids, bring a few to work today, and then leave a few for the kids to snack on today.........needless to say, I did not have enough to bring to work, and each of the kids only has 2 left for today! I dipped 1/2 of them in white chocolate and the other 1/2 in milk chocolate and even my DH (who will not eat or try anything new) liked them. They take a little time, but are out of this world!!!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-4293-0-Stuffed-Strawberries.html

18 replies
marmalade1687 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmalade1687 Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 6:15pm
post #2 of 19

I printed it off to try later on - looks amazing! Thanks!

bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 6:44pm
post #3 of 19

I did them for a small luncheon a week or so ago....and they LOVED them! I couldn't find my big syringe so I just split them..stuffed them...and dipped them...you couldn't even tell that they had been cut. This is a KEEPER idea! I double dipped some in nuts or coconut all with the semi-sweet chocolate. Yummy and so pretty on the platter.

doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 6:51pm
post #4 of 19

Thanks for the reminder. Will have to have them for my son's wedding next week. Along with the chocolate fountain. Yummy.

ericablondegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ericablondegirl Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 6:51pm
post #5 of 19

icon_surprised.gif Sounds great...can't wait to try!

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 6:52pm
post #6 of 19

Is there anything else you could use other then cream cheese? My husband is deathly allergic to cream cheese so this isn't something I could do in our house lol cream cheese isn't even allowed in the house.... lol

Ladivacrj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladivacrj Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 6:53pm
post #7 of 19

I just posted some in my photos that I did last Friday for a friends birthday dinner.

They were a big hit, everybody in the restaurant was looking and asking about them. May have even drummed up some business from it.

I used a lemon cheesecake mixture and the marshmallow and cream cheese mixture.

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 6:56pm
post #8 of 19

I can't wait to try these. I've been so busy haven't had time to try anything new. My co-workers say I have not brought anything lately. I'm sure they will love these.

ShannanM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShannanM Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 6:57pm
post #9 of 19

I did them for Canada Day and they disappeared fast. Everyone loved them. As for no cream cheese, you could stuff them with BC or any cake fillings I would assume.

Kayakado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kayakado Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 6:59pm
post #10 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMyGoodies

Is there anything else you could use other then cream cheese? My husband is deathly allergic to cream cheese so this isn't something I could do in our house lol cream cheese isn't even allowed in the house.... lol

Marscapone, creamed cottage cheese or creamed ricotta cheese are normally substitutions for cream cheese, you'd have to adjust the sweetness and liquidity.

meharding Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meharding Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 7:02pm
post #11 of 19

OhmyGoodies pudding might work.

I stuffed mine with cheese cake. My method was little different. I made a hole in the side with a skewer (used for shish k bob) and piped some cheese cake into a syringe (no needle) then just pumped them full of cheese cake. Dipped them in chocolate and they are absolutely addictive. BTW, I got the syringe idea here on CC. Sorry I can't remember whose idea it was to give them credit. It was a great idea though.

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 7:04pm
post #12 of 19

Thanks for the ideas gang but I think this is one he'd pass on lol but I may make them for parties and stuff lol

jaime455 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaime455 Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 7:15pm
post #13 of 19

ohmygoodies,

i made them and stuffed them with canoli cream and omg they were sooo good!!

kerri729 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerri729 Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 7:24pm
post #14 of 19

Ohmygoodies:

you could also use chocolate ganache after it has firmed up a bit........that is next on my list............I agree, BC would be good too, or marshmallow fluff whipped with strawberry ice cream topping.........ooohhh the possibilities are endless!

sweeteecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteecakes Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 7:31pm
post #15 of 19

ohmygoodies....what about neufchatel cheese? or is that too close?

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 7:32pm
post #16 of 19

I just looked at the recipe and realize it's a dish I've been making since before I was married. We'll be celebrating our 22nd anniversary next month. It's an oldie, but a goodie! thumbs_up.gif

patrice2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patrice2007 Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 4:25am
post #17 of 19

That sounds so good.........Looks like something I will have to try this weekend. "Stuffed and Dipped" icon_wink.gif

JennieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennieB Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 8:01pm
post #18 of 19

I read on the other thread that some cc'ers have used cookie dough to stuff them. would that work for ya? My only question is do you make the dough regular or would you leave out the egg??? Not sure but they all sound GREAT thumbs_up.gif

gibbler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gibbler Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 3:01am
post #19 of 19

I am printing the recipe now. I will make these to take to a family reunion this weekend. Thanks for the great idea.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%