Need 4Th Of July Cupcake Idea

Baking By mohara Updated 23 Jun 2005 , 7:58pm by Lisa

mohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mohara Posted 23 Jun 2005 , 1:19pm
post #1 of 7

Hi.
I saw a pic of cupcakes I wanted todo for 4th of July, however now I can't find the picture of them. I looked through all my Wilton books but couldn't find them. It was simply blue and red frosting that was done with pull out stars and it looked really neat. Is anyone familar with this design or do you have one of your own you'd like to share?

Also, if you've used the "not really twinkie filling" in your cupcakes, does that need to be refrigerated? Also, do you normally frost the cupcake with the same filling or do you use a buttercream frosting on top instead.

I was thinking of doing chocolate cupcakes (The delicious Hersheys perfectly chocolate cake recipe) and filling them with the twinkie filling. I thought it might taste like those Hostess cupcakes. Anyways, let me know if you have any ideas or pics of 4th of July cupcakes to share.

Thanks!

6 replies
Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 23 Jun 2005 , 4:26pm
post #2 of 7
DesignsbyD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DesignsbyD Posted 23 Jun 2005 , 4:38pm
post #3 of 7

Thank You Lisa for posting this recipe
I think I will try these for my fourth of July cookout.
Have a Good Day
Denise

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 23 Jun 2005 , 4:40pm
post #4 of 7

Hi. I did some fourth of July cupcakes last year. I found some really cute flag picks at Party City. I frosted it with buttercream icing stuck the flag in and finished with blue and red sprinkles. It was easy but I had a ton to make!
traci

mohara Posted 23 Jun 2005 , 5:06pm
post #5 of 7

Lisa,
What would I ever do without you.
You have been a lifesaver for me ever since I joined this board. I can't believe you found them! I thought I had seen them on Wilton's site and I scoured those themes yesterday and today. I looked at all their Patriotic and 4th of July pics. How could I have missed them?????

I almost talked myself into giving up and trying color mist with red on the bottom then white and red on top, but these are what I really wanted to do! Thank you sooooo much.

(Now I have to go back to the Wilton site and see why I couldn't find them before!)

Grrrrr

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mohara Posted 23 Jun 2005 , 7:13pm
post #6 of 7

I have to tell you, I just went back to the site and I had viewed the one right before it and right after it. My eyes must have glazed over and I missed it on two separate occasions!!!! How careless!

Thanks again!

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 23 Jun 2005 , 7:58pm
post #7 of 7

You're welcome icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%