Your Best Sculpted/3D Cakes!!!! Bring It!!!

Decorating By noosie Updated 23 Dec 2014 , 12:03pm by shortcakesetc

destini377 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
destini377 Posted 16 Jul 2007 , 10:15pm
post #151 of 275

sugarbird - HA! I'm lovin' the armadillo! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif And I wanna know too... it was red wasn't it?! I couldn't resist doing our lizard-dino in red velvet. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 4:46am
post #152 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbird

Awesome cakes!!! My armadillo was my first true sculpted cake.

dunce.gif Okay, THAT has gotta be a RVC -- but check out the WORM right next to it icon_lol.gif Perfect -- it's great

frog80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frog80 Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 2:20pm
post #153 of 275

icon_surprised.gif OMG, there are sooo many great cakes here, I'm almost emparessed to post mine. I would love to have just a little of that talent. Here are a few of my sculpted cakes. Thanks for looking.
LL
LL
LL
LL

noosie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noosie Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 12:03am
post #154 of 275

Well when I started this post this cake was not made. It is definitely my favorite sculpted cake right now. Thanx for looking!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_901903.html

RICKASH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RICKASH Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 12:13am
post #155 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog80

icon_surprised.gif OMG, there are sooo many great cakes here, I'm almost embparessed to post mine. I would love to have just a little of that talent. Here are a few of my sculpted cakes. Thanks for looking.

What do you mean. You are very talented your cakes are fabulous. Dont be so hard on yourself you should give yourself a pat on the back.

karensue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karensue Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 12:18am
post #156 of 275

Here's the one I just finished ..
LL

bizemomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizemomma Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 12:52am
post #157 of 275

Wow all of these cakes have been great!! I like "attempting" to make 3-D cakes, here are some of mine.

bizemomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizemomma Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 12:53am
post #158 of 275

Wow all of these cakes have been great!! I like "attempting" to make 3-D cakes, here are some of mine.

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 2:20am
post #159 of 275

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif I would love to learn to do sculpted cakes... I wish there was someone here in Sofla that could give me a lesson. I am sooooo impressed. You all do awesome work!!! Thank you for sharing and being inspiring!! thumbs_up.gif

meancat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meancat Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 2:20am
post #160 of 275

Everyone should be proud!! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Hopefully mine will come up...
LL

JawdroppingCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynseyg2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynseyg2002 Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 10:12am
post #162 of 275

This would have to be my only 3D cake really. Most of my other ones are carved, whether that would be considered as 3D i don't know.

Here it is...i'm not fussy on the colour though, it didn't turn out as i wanted. Still, it gives me an excuse to try another one icon_biggrin.gificon_smile.gif

www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_189983.html

karennayak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karennayak Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 10:50am
post #163 of 275

This is one I am very proud of!

Especially as it was made for a man who is employed as a designer for Nike, and he has a reputation of being very very picky. But, he loved it, and was just staring at it when it was brought out.

He had no idea that it was being made. His bride-to-be secretly brought me a picture of his all-time favorite Nike shoe.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=83652

Karen

bafishr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bafishr Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 5:20pm
post #164 of 275

I am totally impressed and intimidated by all of ya'll's talent. I have done a couple of carved cakes but they don't compare to anything on cc. How did you learn and how long does this take to master?

alimonkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alimonkey Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 6:25pm
post #165 of 275

Without a doubt my favorite was DD's 3rd birthday cake. The little whale had such personality!

I love making 3D cakes now and was fortunate enough to take a class with Bronwen Weber. It took the fear away!

Funny thing though - people are SUPER impressed with 3D cakes, but the favorites still wind up being the ones that are just plain beautiful.
LL

lnb19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lnb19 Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 5:22pm
post #166 of 275

I tried to click on Dolfin's "naughty" picture and I got a message that I don't have permission to access that page. Can anyone help? I'm fairly new to this site.

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 6:21pm
post #167 of 275

You have to request permission for it be get added to your profile. When you post a comment, there is a caution sign at the top in red and then it says: ATTENTION Adult themed cake posts MUST be posted in the Naughty Cake Discussion Area
Access to this area must be activated on your account, please click here to get access to this area. Click on it.

HTH

lnb19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lnb19 Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 7:25pm
post #168 of 275

Thank you mchelle!

Jenniferborchert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenniferborchert Posted 27 Feb 2013 , 12:49am
post #169 of 275

Here are a few of mine. I love making cakes! [email protected]

ShannonDavie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShannonDavie Posted 27 Feb 2013 , 1:56am
post #170 of 275

These are my very first 3-D cakes! They are far from perfect but I'm proud of them :) 

AppleMark

Purse cake

stinkyhalf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stinkyhalf Posted 27 Feb 2013 , 3:40am
post #171 of 275

Friends birthday cake to a coworker.

Maybe not the best cake ever done... but I had so much fun with this one.  GO CARDS

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 27 Feb 2013 , 3:52am
post #172 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake 

LOL...dolfin!

I'm sorry. At first glance I thought those were wind pipes/blow holes/organ tubes on the top! I was like "wtf???" Then I put my own chicken down and took a closer look to see that it was fingers. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I almost choked ON my chicken!!!

I thought they were bloody tubes, severed veins... It's a good thing I wasn't eating chicken when I read this, because I would've choked ON my chicken, as well!

BTW, Pic url is on PAGE 1 AND THE COMMENT IS ON PAGE 2. (so what if it was 6 years ago? lol!

AllaMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AllaMarie Posted 27 Feb 2013 , 5:18pm
post #173 of 275

* Lil Pun'kin cake

* Lakers hate cake

Here are a few of mine. They are fun! Still learning!

*Mod edited to remove adult-content cakes (good job!  But can't post in general forum).  Thank you.

iccli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iccli Posted 27 Feb 2013 , 6:50pm
post #174 of 275
AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 27 Feb 2013 , 8:01pm
post #175 of 275

Banana cake bread and fondant details.

AllaMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AllaMarie Posted 28 Feb 2013 , 3:16pm
post #176 of 275

Amazing! ^^

kisamarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kisamarie Posted 28 Feb 2013 , 4:27pm
post #177 of 275

The dress is on a wire dress form that is covered in floral tape then dipped in white chocolate and then covered with fondant.  The cake is WASC with berry filling and covered in SMBC.  I billowed the whole bottom of the gown.  I made all of the gumpaste flowers.

This is a humidor thats chocolate cake with chocolate Ganache and Chocolate SMBC.  The lid is RCT's covered in modeling chocolate and gumpaste.  Hand painted Hygometer, Cigars are chocolate cake rolled in fondant.  Humidor box is covered in Chocolate fondant.  Gumpaste key, tassel and S monogram

German Chocolate cake with SMBC and fondant and gumpaste decorations.  Gum paste flowers

vincytoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vincytoo Posted 28 Feb 2013 , 4:41pm
post #178 of 275

I was really nervous doing these cakes but they came out ok I think.

LindaG74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaG74 Posted 1 Mar 2013 , 7:05am
post #179 of 275

Here is mine....I have no training, just been baking my kids birthday cakes for many years and then in Sep last year I did a tatty teddy out of fondant for my sons 1st birthday and people started ordering cakes from me.

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 1 Mar 2013 , 10:02am
post #180 of 275

A reinvention of one of my daughter's favorite Guess handbags

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%