Baby Booties

Decorating By billie-bob Updated 31 Aug 2006 , 2:44pm by nenufares

billie-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
billie-bob Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 2:30pm
post #1 of 4

Can anybody tell me how to make the adorable baby booties I've seen on baby shower cakes?

3 replies
alicia_froedge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicia_froedge Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 2:34pm
post #2 of 4

Do you mean cake booties or fondant booties? I have some in my gallery if they are what you mean.

socake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
socake Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 2:38pm
post #3 of 4

To make the booties, colour some fondant to match your colour scheme, roll a long sausage shape and cut it in half so your booties end up the same size. take one half of the sausage and bend it up at one end. push a small rolling pin into the upturned part and make a hollow. pinch the edges to thin them out and give the ruffled effect. shape the toe end to be rounded and smooth with the palm of your hand. I decorated the ends of my booties with a pulled filler flower and some royal icing swirls. The laces are just done by rolling a thin length of fondant and wrapping it around the bootie sticking it on with sugar glue then adding a small bow on top to hide the join. I also made a small pink circle and put it inside the bootie so when you looked down into the bootie it looked like the base was pink.
LL

nenufares Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nenufares Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 2:44pm
post #4 of 4

I made my first baby boots a couple of weeks ago just to practice. I used the following tutorial:

http://community.webshots.com/album/283308759UqOctN

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%