Decorating By justfrosting Updated 22 May 2008 , 4:12am by sweetness_221

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 21 May 2008 , 12:26am
post #61 of 69

this is why we need more gallery supporters! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 21 May 2008 , 12:51am
post #62 of 69

OP speaks the truth......I'm glad she was honest. I didn't read the thread (sorry!!!) because I have about two minutes to nuke hotdogs for the 7 children in my backyard and I just HAD to check in at CC, lol.

Of course we do cakes for the attention and the WOW factor. Do you want a little more honesty? icon_lol.gif Sometimes, when I am designing a fake cake for my portfolio I have to do a little check inside....am I designing what I think will sell or what I think will garner the most "WOWS". As much as I love the smiles that the cakes will get, I am also in it for the attention - as embarassing as that is to admit.

I am a Mom and a wife and gave up a "real" (insert hoots and hollars here) job a long time ago.....I need to do something to give me that reinforcement that has nothing to do with hubby or kids and I have chosen cake.

As for the whole comment thing, between the time it takes for these pages to load and the limited amount of time we all have, sometimes it's easier to hit the 'add to favorites' button rather then leave a real comment. I will try to be more careful, however....

AmyGonzalez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyGonzalez Posted 21 May 2008 , 2:14am
post #63 of 69

I love to comment on cakes! icon_biggrin.gif I've been decorating for only 16 months and am awestruck at the talent of the people on this site, hoping to one day create as beautiful cakes as on CC. I feel I have greatly improved over the last 16 months and KNOW it is because of CC. I will continue to comment on the awesome cakes on this site! icon_wink.gif Oh and by the way I also LOVE to get comments!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

AmyGonzalez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyGonzalez Posted 21 May 2008 , 2:36am
post #64 of 69

justfrosting, I have just looked at you photos and your work is great, icon_biggrin.gif but I'm concerned. I noticed on some of you cakes you did not charge for them or you were charging too little icon_confused.gif . It takes alot of work and time to creat cakes, you should be compensated for that, and you should be proud of all your creations. Every one of them is a learning experience. Not many people can create what we can create! Hold you head up high and take credit for a job well done! thumbs_up.gif

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 21 May 2008 , 3:48am
post #65 of 69

my friend..
Your cakes are VERY good!!!!

(((hugs))))

pssst....I love comments also.. icon_smile.gif

imaginecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imaginecakes Posted 21 May 2008 , 3:53am
post #66 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeDiva73

OP speaks the truth......I'm glad she was honest. I didn't read the thread (sorry!!!) because I have about two minutes to nuke hotdogs for the 7 children in my backyard and I just HAD to check in at CC, lol.

Of course we do cakes for the attention and the WOW factor. Do you want a little more honesty? icon_lol.gif Sometimes, when I am designing a fake cake for my portfolio I have to do a little check inside....am I designing what I think will sell or what I think will garner the most "WOWS". As much as I love the smiles that the cakes will get, I am also in it for the attention - as embarassing as that is to admit.

I am a Mom and a wife and gave up a "real" (insert hoots and hollars here) job a long time ago.....I need to do something to give me that reinforcement that has nothing to do with hubby or kids and I have chosen cake.

As for the whole comment thing, between the time it takes for these pages to load and the limited amount of time we all have, sometimes it's easier to hit the 'add to favorites' button rather then leave a real comment. I will try to be more careful, however....

WOW!!! you could not have said this any better!!! Especially for us mommies who stay at home. The Hubby's get plenty of praise and validation for what they do every day...so of course it feels good to have a little of that too!!

SugarMama602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarMama602 Posted 21 May 2008 , 10:26pm
post #67 of 69

Hmm, my search function isn't working. What's the deal with Gallery Supporters and comments??

SugarMama602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarMama602 Posted 21 May 2008 , 10:53pm
post #68 of 69

Nevermind, I just figured it out.

sweetness_221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness_221 Posted 22 May 2008 , 4:12am
post #69 of 69

Now I haven't read this whole thread so if this has been said already then I apoligize. I know this subject has been beat to the ground, so I would like to say this again. Just because you don't get but one or 2 comments on your cake does not mean that it was a bad cake. It may have just been uploaded at a time where either there are many uncommented photos in the gallery, a holiday, or on the weekend. There are many many photos that get loaded on here daily. Sometimes so many that it's hard to keep up with them. That's why we have gallery supporters here. I know it's great to get those comments on your cakes, but IMO I would rather have someone put my pictures in there favs then to have comments on them. It's much more satisfying to know that they liked it so well that they were willing to save it. So don't worry about how many comments you receive. Just as long as you liked it that's all that matters. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%