Sour Cream Cake?

Decorating By meomy Updated 30 Aug 2006 , 7:06pm by DanaBush

meomy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meomy Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 5:24pm
post #1 of 2

I've been asked to do a baby shower cake made with sour cream. They also want cream cheese frosting. What do you guys think? Want a sour cream cake be heavy, like pound cake texture? I've never been asked for that combination before. The crusting cream cheese frosting on this site sounds great though. Does anyone know of a good, lite, sour cream cake recipe?
Thanks.

1 reply
DanaBush Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DanaBush Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 7:06pm
post #2 of 2

i use this recipe its not heavy,My mother says that the sour cream makes it fluffy I dont know I found it on the net when she told me my white cake was to heavy lol.
Now this is the only recipe i use everyone loves it I also use this same recipe for chocolate I just dont use the vanilla extract in chocolate.
Dana
Hope this helps you out.

White Wedding Cake

Ingredients  
1 box white cake mix
1 whole large egg and 2 large egg whites
1 cup milk  1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup vegetable oil

Directions  
Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease pan(s) using Pan Release.
In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, milk, sour cream, oil, and extract. Mix on low speed for 30 seconds. Scrape bowl. Mix on medium speed for two minutes until well blended.
Pour the batter immediately into the greased pans. Tap pan on the countertop to release large air bubbles. Bake until done (cake is completely away from the sides of the pan or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean). Within 5 - 10 minutes, remove the cake from the pan and place on a cooling grid until cake is room temperature. See Guidelines for baking times.  

Additional Information  
You can substitute--1 whole large egg and 2 large egg whites with 2 whole eggs; 1 cup milk with 1 cup water; and 1/4 cup vegetable oil with 1/2 stick of butter.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%