Slide Show On How To Make A Face! At Last It's Ready.....

Decorating By aine2 Updated 4 Jun 2013 , 2:17pm by NHQUEEN

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 1:43pm
post #31 of 148

This is an awesome job!! Thank you so much for taking the time to put this together!! All of your work is much appreciated! Thanks for taking the time!

FancyLayne23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FancyLayne23 Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 1:51pm
post #32 of 148

Thanks for sharing. That is awesome. I'll try it sometime.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 1:59pm
post #33 of 148

Thankyou sooo much Lorraine!!! We all appreciate it!

Laurelicon_smile.gif

deborah_amos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deborah_amos Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 2:03pm
post #34 of 148

Amazing that you spent so much time to share this with us. Thank you so much! It looks like you've done most of the hard work already, you must write a book! Can we have autographed copies?

aine2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aine2 Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 2:08pm
post #35 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborah_amos

you must write a book! Can we have autographed copies?

ha ha ha ha! If I ever get so famous, I shall put it down to the wonderful CC followers entirely! Never say never....you'll be the first to know if I EVER contemplate a book!

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 2:18pm
post #36 of 148

well there are two threads to this but I want to make sure you got my message! WOW! And THANK YOU! You are too awesome! I agree - have you ever heard of Debbie Brown or met her? You two could be dangerous together icon_smile.gif In a good way icon_smile.gif And yeah - definitely start writing that book! Maybe Debbie would share her book writing secrets - she's got quite a few..... you are truly talented and I LOVE step by step instructions. Even if the book came out in black & white - the more detailed the steps are, the better for me! I hate tutorials where you look at picture 1 and then all of a sudden 3 things have happened before you see picture 2 and you have no clue how the person accomplished that...... you are a wonderful teacher too! Thank you again and we'll all be waiting eagerly for that book! icon_smile.gif (notice I didn't say patiently waiting..... LOL)

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 2:20pm
post #37 of 148

thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

wow, i'm ready to go play with some fondant right now!!!

one question though,where do i find the little mold for the head, so it doesnt get flat?

i agree, this needs to be in the cc tutorials, so we can have it as a refrence always!!!!

thank you agian for your amazing slide show!

melody

aine2 Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 2:25pm
post #38 of 148

You know, I got the little polystyrene molds by accident. I sent away for a former, which is not unlike the inside of a kitchen roll holder and is used for drying paste in a bendy shape, but these little formers came instead! I put them away out of sight and almost threw them out until I decided that the little one would be good for placing anything round into to work on to keep it's shape. So where did I get them.....I can't remember! I'm not even sure what they are originally used for but I'd guess it's flowers. I don't do flowers but they've come in handy just the same! Ask at a craft shop. They are just called "formers" as far as I know....but don't quote me!

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 2:30pm
post #39 of 148

Wow, thank you! It's really generous of you to share.

siris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
siris Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 3:05pm
post #40 of 148

Aine2, your cakes, even the ones without a figure, are amazing, you truly are an inspiration to us beginners, thanks for sharing! icon_biggrin.gif

BklynSuze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BklynSuze Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 3:22pm
post #41 of 148

shoot..I can't get anything to show up to view this,,any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

malika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malika Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 7:40pm
post #42 of 148

Thanks so much!

okieinalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okieinalaska Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 8:18pm
post #43 of 148

Wow, cool thanks!

CarolinaBelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolinaBelle Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 8:19pm
post #44 of 148

Great tutorial. Thank you for sharing it with everyone.

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 8:23pm
post #45 of 148

icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif that was incredible.... I think it's time to think about writing a book! That was so much clearer and easier to understand than any sugarpaste, etc.. book that I have read.. thanks for sharing icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

lauramw71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauramw71 Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 8:27pm
post #46 of 148

amazing! absolutely AMAZING! you make it look so simple! That was beautifully done! my goodness!! Im in awe!!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to make and share that with us!!!!

TOMAY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TOMAY Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 8:30pm
post #47 of 148

judge.gif The verdict is in !

I LOVE YOU , I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU
GREAT JOB BRILLANT THANK YOU SO SO SOOOOOO MUCH !

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 8:34pm
post #48 of 148

You rock !!!!!!!

I have been looking forward to see your slideshow.

thank you so much for sharing.

Take care
icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

gina1221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gina1221 Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 8:47pm
post #49 of 148

Wonderful! Amazing! Terrific!

Thanks so much for sharing your technique with us.

frosting111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frosting111 Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 8:52pm
post #50 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by aine2

I'm sooooo sorry that this took so long to put together. I now have a link that will give you an insight to my work. I sincerely hope it was worth the wait and does not disappoint! A huge thankyou to everyone who has shown interest in my characters and to all of the mail sent to me. My apologies if I haven't been able to reply to everyone individually. I really appreciate your kind words.

http://www.lorraine-icingonthecake.co.uk/masterclass/face-howto.htm

I only hope this works now!

Enjoy!

Aine 2

You are my all time personal favorite "IDOL" of cake decorating divas...You ROCK girl, your work is amazingly beautiful, so detailed and finely tuned. "PLEASE" write a cake decorating book..I promise you it will be a best seller...(sneak me a autographed copy first OK) Tee Hee!

Your eye for detail is excellent...with the way you decorate cakes and how you showed your step by step illustrations in that tutorial, you made it look sooooo easy..what confidence and talent you have, I am so impressed...I say do a "Book" now girl, you are so ready for it!!!

Oh and if you start a world tour of book signings and classes, make sure you put North Carolina on top of your list and SIGN ME UP GIRL!!!

Look at all of us here swooning,you already got a fan club full of groupies..Tee Hee

Thank you so much for taking the time to make this tutorial, I so appreciate it, Hugs and Blessings,Mary icon_smile.gif

pjrm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjrm Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 8:53pm
post #51 of 148

your cakes are phenomenal!!! Thank you for taking the time to post these instructions. I was wondering where you get edible glue and can you make it?

mdelmauro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mdelmauro Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 8:53pm
post #52 of 148

Lorraine, thank you so much for sharing this information on making the exquisite figure heads. I can't wait to try over the winter when there isn't so much humidity.

Brendansmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brendansmum Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 9:02pm
post #53 of 148

That was an absolutly fantastic demo. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us all. I really doubt I would be able to duplicate, but I sure will try. Your figures are beautiful and you should really write a book on this subject. Your cakes look so professional!

BabyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyKat Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 9:21pm
post #54 of 148

You are truly amazing..... I LOVE your work.
I really appreciate your time and effort in putting this together.
I have made a few fondant figures and I can't wait to test out some of your techniques.

THANK YOU!
icon_biggrin.gif

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 9:32pm
post #55 of 148

Thank you so much for sharing! I might even be able to do that one! icon_biggrin.gif

aine2 Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 9:34pm
post #56 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjrm

I was wondering where you get edible glue and can you make it?

You can buy edible glue from Squires Kitchen online but it is easy to make your own. Personally I use CMC powder and water. Use 1 quarter teaspoon of powder to 2 tablespoons (approx) of cooled boiled water. It will look lumpy and gloopy but if you give it a shake and leave it in the fridge overnight, in the morning it will be perfectly clear and ready to use.

You can also soften fondant with a little water to make a glue paste. I don't know how effective it is doing it this way so I can't recommend it.

I make my glue up in a little clear jar with a good lid on it and I change the glue weekly, keeping it in the fridge when I'm not using it.

CMC is Carboxy Methyl Cellulose and it is a gum powder used to strengthen paste. I use it all the time.

sprgirl1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sprgirl1978 Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 9:52pm
post #57 of 148

You are incredibly talented, and so generous to share your technique!! Thank you!!

cupcake55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake55 Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 9:57pm
post #58 of 148

What a wonderful artist you are. It is amazing that you would go to so much trouble to share with everyone. This is the reason I love this website. Thank you so much for sharing.

crouton800 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crouton800 Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 10:20pm
post #59 of 148

Thank you so much Lorraine! It's a wonderful tutorial and your figurines are amazing! Really appreciate the time and effort taken to do this tutorial and for being so kind to share it with us! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

Landa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Landa Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 11:55pm
post #60 of 148

That was so awesome and very nice of you to do. Thank you so much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%