Stacked Construction

Decorating By She Updated 24 Jun 2005 , 5:55pm by veejaytx

She Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
She Posted 22 Jun 2005 , 6:15pm
post #1 of 3

I did my first stacked construction cake. I see now that....I needed the smaller cake board under the top cake (I was worried of how we'd get it off to cut if it was too small) and that you should always give one final smoothing before using color mist. First time I had used it and....I'm not real happy with the icing on the cake but...after you spray it....it's sort of the point of no return so....

I just made the best of it. It doesn't look anything like what I had thought I was going to do. lol Still turned out cute but...had more potential for next time. thumbs_up.gif

2 replies
KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 4:45pm
post #2 of 3

One thing about cake decorating it IS quite a learning experience. I am glad nobody besides me knows how many blunders I have made!

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 5:55pm
post #3 of 3

I think it is great to hear about lessons learned by others, they are bound to help somebody along the way to not make the same mistake.

I still manage to come up with new ones on every cake I make! I guess if we quit learning, we would probably quit decorating! Thanks for sharing your experience with us! Janice

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%