Airbrushing Fondant???

Decorating By momof5kiki Updated 28 Oct 2008 , 4:13pm by UltimateCakes

momof5kiki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof5kiki Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 9:16pm
post #1 of 6

For those of you that airbrush, do you do all your fondant airbrush? I am watching ace of cakes, and noticed taht Duff is airbrushing everything!

5 replies
bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 11:04pm
post #2 of 6

I tend to think if it needs color....airbrush it on rather than kneed it in! Not having to make a dozen different batches of colored fondant is another benefit. Shading is another advantage of using the airbrush to add color to any project from funky to elegant.

MillyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MillyCakes Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 5:26am
post #3 of 6

Airbrushing sometimes makes it look marbled. If you want a consistent even color - I would suggest you do the colored fondant. That is unless you are an expert airbrusher!!! more power to you!

katerpillrgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katerpillrgrl Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 5:39am
post #4 of 6

im with millycakes. i have airbrushed before but only for a faded color effect and it worked great, but for a nice even look I would knead it in, no question.

Rocketgirl899 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketgirl899 Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 3:59pm
post #5 of 6

has anyone taped off fondant to paint it?

I see AOC doing that often... but need tips!

UltimateCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UltimateCakes Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 4:13pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by katerpillrgrl

im with millycakes. i have airbrushed before but only for a faded color effect and it worked great, but for a nice even look I would knead it in, no question.

How/ What do you use to color the fondant? Will regular Wilton coloring work? Americolor?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%