Airbrushing Fondant???

Decorating By momof5kiki Updated 28 Oct 2008 , 4:13pm by UltimateCakes

momof5kiki Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 9:16pm
post #1 of 6

For those of you that airbrush, do you do all your fondant airbrush? I am watching ace of cakes, and noticed taht Duff is airbrushing everything!

5 replies
bisbqueenb Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 11:04pm
post #2 of 6

I tend to think if it needs color....airbrush it on rather than kneed it in! Not having to make a dozen different batches of colored fondant is another benefit. Shading is another advantage of using the airbrush to add color to any project from funky to elegant.

MillyCakes Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 5:26am
post #3 of 6

Airbrushing sometimes makes it look marbled. If you want a consistent even color - I would suggest you do the colored fondant. That is unless you are an expert airbrusher!!! more power to you!

katerpillrgrl Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 5:39am
post #4 of 6

im with millycakes. i have airbrushed before but only for a faded color effect and it worked great, but for a nice even look I would knead it in, no question.

Rocketgirl899 Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 3:59pm
post #5 of 6

has anyone taped off fondant to paint it?

I see AOC doing that often... but need tips!

UltimateCakes Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 4:13pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by katerpillrgrl

im with millycakes. i have airbrushed before but only for a faded color effect and it worked great, but for a nice even look I would knead it in, no question.

How/ What do you use to color the fondant? Will regular Wilton coloring work? Americolor?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%