Cake Box Mix Question

Decorating By gracie Updated 23 Jun 2005 , 12:51pm by Misdawn

gracie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gracie Posted 22 Jun 2005 , 3:58pm
post #1 of 6

hello everyone

my question im wanting to make a great moist deliciouse chocolate cake with cherry pie filling mixed in if possible out of a box any ideas on how i could accomplish that also does anyone also have a great boxed vanilla cake recipe i use pastry pride with my cake as i do not like buttercream frosting so what could i mix with the pastry pride to make a great filling and frosting.

gracie

5 replies
Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 22 Jun 2005 , 4:24pm
post #2 of 6

That's a good idea! I don't know if this helps, but about a week ago, I got the idea to add a tub of store-bought frosting to my cake mix. It turned out great and made the cake supermoist. I didn't change anything else in the directions - I just dumped the frosting in. You might try doing that with the cherries and just see how it turns out. Let me know what you do, I'd love to try that.

gracie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gracie Posted 22 Jun 2005 , 4:36pm
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misdawn

That's a good idea! I don't know if this helps, but about a week ago, I got the idea to add a tub of store-bought frosting to my cake mix. It turned out great and made the cake supermoist. I didn't change anything else in the directions - I just dumped the frosting in. You might try doing that with the cherries and just see how it turns out. Let me know what you do, I'd love to try that.

thanks for the idea
what flavor of cake and frosting did you use?

gracieicon_smile.gif

Misdawn Posted 22 Jun 2005 , 6:26pm
post #4 of 6

I used butter pecan Duncan Hines cake mix and added the Coconut Pecan frosting. The cake was gone in about three hours! I might start doing this to all my cakes.

cakelady1994 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady1994 Posted 22 Jun 2005 , 10:23pm
post #5 of 6

hi. i seen a recipe the other day that called for a can of cherry pie filling in a box of DH dark choclate cake mix.i think i'm go to try it this weekend. will let you know how it turns out. Misdawn did you put a frosting on it to ? if so what kind? icon_smile.gif

Misdawn Posted 23 Jun 2005 , 12:51pm
post #6 of 6

It was just a practice cake becuase I had just gotten the Wilton Course II book. So I frosted it in the regular buttercream frosting using the recipe in the Course I book. It turned out really great. I used imitation pecan flavoring in the frosting instead of vanilla or butter flavoring.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%