Chocolate Making

Sugar Work By notsoperfectcakes Updated 22 Sep 2006 , 2:43pm by anoccasionalchocolate

notsoperfectcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notsoperfectcakes Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 11:36am
post #1 of 5

Hi Everyone,

I have taken up another hobby!Like I have time for this!!! icon_lol.gif It's candy/chocolate making. I was wonderiing if anyone out there knows of any good sites like this one? Also does anyone have a receipe for sponge? I want to try and make sponge candy.

Thanks icon_biggrin.gif
Audrey

ONLY 7 Days Till School Starts Here thumbs_up.gif

4 replies
vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 11:43am
post #2 of 5

I hear ya on that 'like I need another hobby' bit. I dabble in candy making when I need it, but sorry, don't have your answers for you.
My kids started school last week and I'm still not used to it. I keep telling them (since we all get up sooooo early) that I will 'home school' and we'll sleep in and take field trips to the mall and bake all day! Want to come to my school? Ha, ha.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 11:45am
post #3 of 5

There are bunches of sponge candy (also known as seafoam candy) recipes on the Net -- most of them are pretty much the same - the choices being what type of sweetener you will use. Some call for brown sugar, some maple syrup, some molasses.

Google under sponge candy recipe, try a few, and let us know which you like best!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 11:54am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickymacd

I hear ya on that 'like I need another hobby' bit. I dabble in candy making when I need it, but sorry, don't have your answers for you.
My kids started school last week and I'm still not used to it. I keep telling them (since we all get up sooooo early) that I will 'home school' and we'll sleep in and take field trips to the mall and bake all day! Want to come to my school? Ha, ha.

Sounds like a wonderful idea, can I come? icon_lol.gif

anoccasionalchocolate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anoccasionalchocolate Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 2:43pm
post #5 of 5

Hi! I have a blog about this topic. http://www.chocolate-candy-recipe.com

Im looking for some writers! The blog is growing quickly but not quick enough for the visitors icon_smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsoperfectcakes

Hi Everyone,

I have taken up another hobby!Like I have time for this!!! icon_lol.gif It's candy/chocolate making. I was wonderiing if anyone out there knows of any good sites like this one?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%