post #91 of 134

Here is my 7/7/07 cake.
LL

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 3:34pm
post #92 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdybear1978

...we had to peel off our clothes by the end of the night.

Um... so, is that unusual for a wedding? Hehehehe! icon_twisted.gificon_rolleyes.gif

tdybear1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdybear1978 Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 3:47pm
post #93 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Quote:

Um... so, is that unusual for a wedding? Hehehehe! icon_twisted.gificon_rolleyes.gif

well, after we left of course. we were in that barn for almost 4 hours and it was so miserable. our shirts were just clinging to our backs and sweat pouring down our necks. normally I would think that would just be so nasty to see when you are catering the wedding, but the guest looked just as bad as we did and I don't even think they batted an eye

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 4:34pm
post #94 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherMari

I can't get my pic to attach for some reason but if you go to my Flickr photo album it is the newest uploaded photos.
Thanks!

www.flickr.com/photos/creativecakesbyheather

That is such a stunning cake, Heather! I love the setup on the table! Thanks for sharing with us.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 4:39pm
post #95 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Quote:

Melvira, I'd like to go to the next wedding you attend! Of course I'll bring my video camera along!! icon_lol.gif

emf7701 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emf7701 Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 5:37pm
post #96 of 134

here's my 7-7-07 cakes. the castle was originally due on 7-7-07, but my friend who ordered it had calling hours to attend (she didn't find out about them until the night before as they were on vacation), so it got picked up on the 8th....

of course i can't figure out how to post the links here, so they are the castle cake, the family reunion cake and the graduation cap cakes in my photos. no wedding cakes yet *sniff* someday.... icon_rolleyes.gif

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 6:32pm
post #97 of 134

This is so sweet, and that butterfly cake is gorgeous! You have some big shoes to fill!!! I know you can do it though! Kiss that wonderful Mom of yours for us!!

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 7:00pm
post #98 of 134

here are mine... my UNDERBOOKED weekend (grr. see previous venting post about nutso brides)...

I was really happy with the fish and first tiered cake, but it was leaning a bit after I stacked it on site and I had to use bits of cardboard under the stand and under one of the layers to fix it... plus a bunch of the fresh flowers that I had picked up the day before got killed cause apparently the part of the fridge I put them in was too cold! This cake had to go about 45 minutes South of my town and this next town was having a sort of fair (which I didn't know about) so it took me 40 minutes to get down the last 3 mile stretch of road. I called the hotel and they had to postpone the whole thing for a while cause the DJ and a bunch of guests were stuck with me! The rainbow trout groom's cake was for this bride as well. They didn't have an extra table for it, so they pulled out a really ugly looking cart/table. I also couldn't get a really good pic cause all the guests were lined up at the door by this point!

Second cake's bride brings me these HUGE lilies AND roses so the poor cake is dwarfed.

Third cake's bride brings me sheer wired ribbon for a buttercream cake (SMBC) and then wired silver ball ribbon to go at the base of that... can you say PIA? How many times can I say NO more wired and NO more sheer before I listen?

I am so glad this weekend is behind me!
LL
LL
LL
LL

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 7:04pm
post #99 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroostookcakes

I had a wonderful day on Saturday. I consider this my favorite birthday not only because of the numbers but because I received my mothers last decorated birthday cake. My passion and inspiration for cake decorating comes from my mother. She has always decorated our cakes when we were kids and now I get to carry that tradition on with my own children. Unfortunatly she has arthritis and carpal tunnel and can no longer do cakes. She worked on my cake for four hours and her knuckles were so swollen.
Thanks mom. I love you. You really made my birthday special!

What a wonderful mom you have! Treasure her. And her cake came out beautifully! I can't imagine doing all those stars with the CTS and arthritis (I actually have CTS and arthritis in one thumb)! I try to stay away from piping whole cakes in stars whenever possible. Your very lucky to have such a wonderful mom.

mekaclayton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mekaclayton Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 10:10pm
post #100 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by lecrn

mekaclayton, I love your pillow cake & crown (just perfect).

Thank you soooo much! Means alot! icon_biggrin.gif

Congrats AmandaPanda on your 1st wedding, looks great!!

jules06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules06 Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 3:50am
post #101 of 134

Wow ! koryak, debster & sue_dye - your cakes are all so gorgeous !!

Actually, everyones cakes are !! icon_biggrin.gif

Rikke_Denmark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rikke_Denmark Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 3:16pm
post #102 of 134

aroostookcakes: Great mom you have, that was one h... of nice cake.

KoryAK: You'r fish is so fun and great done, I'm speachless... No not really LOL. The colors on the fish are so real. You are seriosly good....

You'r other cake are really beautifull, but ok, the lillies are huge LOL

Sugarbean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rikke_Denmark Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 4:01pm
post #104 of 134

sugarbean. I just looked at your pic. It cracked me up that you sat in you church looking at your skirt at getting an idea for a cake.

Both cakes are great. Love the castel.

Sugarbean Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 6:12pm
post #105 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikke_Denmark

sugarbean. I just looked at your pic. It cracked me up that you sat in you church looking at your skirt at getting an idea for a cake.

Thanks!!

I look at things often. icon_lol.gif My next two projects are to get "fireworks" on a cake. As well as a vase my mom has. icon_lol.gif

SweetTcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetTcakes Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 6:46pm
post #106 of 134

Here is mine! luckiest day and they were married in Vegas. If that's not a double wham-y. LOL! My DH's B-day was on 7-7-07 but we celebrate on the 4th, so his cake won't count.
LL

ljudd1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljudd1969 Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 6:57pm
post #107 of 134

As a Vegas girl, I have to give props to the Vegas cake. I love it! Way too cute. I esp love the bride dragging the groom. icon_lol.gif

SweetTcakes Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 7:08pm
post #108 of 134

Thanks ljudd1969!! I really appreciate that!! That topper the bride got from K-mart, cool huh?

SweetTcakes Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 7:24pm
post #109 of 134

I have to note that the cake was inspired by a creation from a cake found by the bride. I can't take credit for the design. Unfortunatlly I don't know the name of the barkery either.. So thank's to that bakery for the inspiration...

giggysmack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giggysmack Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 7:54pm
post #110 of 134

I was just looking at the Las Vegas cake on the People Magazine's wedding page great job at replicating it!!!

http://www.people.com/people/package/gallery/0,,20042118_20041107_28,00.html

lilypie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilypie Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 9:45pm
post #111 of 134

I had no weddings this weekend.

i had one of my bffs over, and thought it would be fun to decorate my cake together. i don't really care for cake, so i thought that everyone else could eat it...

that didn't happen, because she thought it was funnier to smash it in my face. at least i got a picture first. i iced it, and did the swirls on the bottom tier... she did the rest
LL

SweetTcakes Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 3:21am
post #112 of 134

Thanks giggysmack!

Rikke_Denmark Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 7:44pm
post #113 of 134

ups

Rikke_Denmark Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 7:45pm
post #114 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarbean

Quote:

Thanks!!

I look at things often. icon_lol.gif My next two projects are to get "fireworks" on a cake. As well as a vase my mom has. icon_lol.gif

LOL well that is what make you an artist and me and housepainter icon_wink.gif

I'm not good at getting ideas like that. I look at a papernapkin today and was thinking it would look amezing on a cake I'm doing sunday. But put it back, dont think I could copi it on the cake.

But I dont mind, you guys make so many cakes I can try to copi icon_wink.gif

Well people try to copi Van Gogh all the time, this is no different....

LOL

missym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missym Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 7:53pm
post #115 of 134

Here's my 7-7-07 cake and the wedding was at 7 PM.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=751163

Great job everyone!

lpino Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lpino Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 8:12pm
post #116 of 134

missym, your cake looks exactly like my wedding cake!!!!! (mine only had calla lillies on top) It brought back nice memories!!!! Thanks!

Great cakes everyone!!!!!

I haven't had time to load my 7/7/7 cake picture but it was a beehive and a bunch of individual bugs. I'll load the picture tonight, hopefully!

GrannieJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrannieJ Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 8:20pm
post #117 of 134

All of the cakes are beautiful!! Thank you everyone for sharing with all of us!!!!!

roxxxy_luvs_duff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 8:35pm
post #118 of 134

Heres my 7-7-07 pic it was the first wedding cake i made

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=751673

Sugarbean Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 8:41pm
post #119 of 134
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarbean

Quote:

Thanks!!

LOL well that is what make you an artist and me and housepainter icon_wink.gif

I'm not good at getting ideas like that. I look at a papernapkin today and was thinking it would look amezing on a cake I'm doing sunday. But put it back, dont think I could copi it on the cake.

But I dont mind, you guys make so many cakes I can try to copi icon_wink.gif

Well people try to copi Van Gogh all the time, this is no different....

LOL

Post a van gogh, I'll copy it icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

mthiberge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mthiberge Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 11:45pm
post #120 of 134

Ooooh ooooh...here's mine, it's my sister's cupcake tower, 300 cupcakes in total icon_surprised.gificon_biggrin.gif
LL
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%