7/07/07 Cake Pics!!

Decorating By spottydog Updated 13 Jul 2007 , 6:29am by mthiberge

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 11:49am
post #31 of 134

I had a wedding and grooms cake today.....
LL
LL

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 12:04pm
post #32 of 134

Love the frogs!! All of your cakes are gorgeous, really!! I can't see any flaws. You must have had some happy brides!

Granpam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Granpam Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 12:09pm
post #33 of 134

I am loving this thread. Everyone of you have done beautiful work. I don't do wedding cakes and this was the first weekend in a while that I had no cakes. It was heavenly.

jules06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules06 Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 12:35pm
post #34 of 134

I don't sell any cakes ( yet ! ) but I did make a cake for my ex-partners' mum - sort of a really late mothers' day cake as she has been away

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_751033.html

Everybodys' cakes are fantastic thumbs_up.gif

marmalade1687 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmalade1687 Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 12:41pm
post #35 of 134

Wow - great work everyone!! The cakes are all soooo beautiful!! My 9-year old daughter has been oohing and ahhing over them all morning with me (okay, my kids are CC-addicted too!) and she now wants the pillow and crown cake for her next birthday!! princess.gif

Keep the photos coming!! thumbs_up.gif
Nicole

Shamitha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shamitha Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 12:57pm
post #36 of 134

Wow. Beautiful cakes everyone. My DH's birthday was on 7/07 and this is the cake I made for him.
LL

Suzian3570 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzian3570 Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 12:57pm
post #37 of 134

I had NO cakes on this lucky day! So, my hubby and I went to a benefit concert for a family who had lost everything when their home burned. I gave a wedding cake of the bride's choice to be auctioned for the benefit. No cake pics to post, but I have a nice shot of me and hubby with BlackStone Cherry...these guys are awesome, and such a wonderful group to help out a family in need!!!
LL

pumpkinroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pumpkinroses Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 1:14pm
post #38 of 134

I didn't have any paid cakes for 7/07 but I did finish my Fair Entry. This is my first attempt at a wedding cake, a dummy cake and it's a mini. (bottom couldn't be larger than a pie plant). I took the design off a wedding dress from David's Bridal.

There may be just a few minor changes just to add the fininshing touches.
LL

momvarden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momvarden Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 1:22pm
post #39 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by foots2

I tried 3 times to post my cake but it sid it was to big a pic size(800 pixels max) So I posted it in my photo page. It was the very first Wedding cake I did.From this Im getting 3-4 more cakes!!!How lucky was 7-7-07 for me??

If you have a photo editing program look through it and see if you can adjust the size for emailing. I just learned it myself, when my cake buddy in ny told me my pics were to big. I have microsoft digital image editor. It has that option in it.

ckkerber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckkerber Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 1:38pm
post #40 of 134

beautiful cakes!

To get pictures the right size, www.shrinkpictures.com is a great FREE resource. I use them to shrink all of my pictures (they even have an avatar shrinking option). The first couple of times that I used it, I had issues so I just emailed them and they totally fixed it so I could use it.

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 1:45pm
post #41 of 134

GREAT JOB everyone! I love all of the work and am so JEALOUS I didn't get to do a cake yesterday but I got family time at least! Everyone's cakes were lovely! I am LOVING this ribbon wrap look and the bridal gown one was super neat. WESPAM your corset was lovely too, and the beach themed one was precious... heck they were all great! Great work!

Sandra80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandra80 Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 1:46pm
post #42 of 134

i made this for my mom's surprise 50th birthday party yesterday.

Dixiegal01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dixiegal01 Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 1:55pm
post #43 of 134

WOW, WOW, WOW....all of the pics are awesome, it was definately a good day! I should have tried a fondant bow...maybe it would finally have been a success and not ended up in the trash can!!! Way to go everyone thumbs_up.gif

GrannieJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrannieJ Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 2:15pm
post #44 of 134

Here is my wedding cake from 7-7-07
LL

giggysmack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giggysmack Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 2:24pm
post #45 of 134

I had three cakes for 07/07/07 a 4 tier wedding, 2 tier baby shower, and a dog's birthday cake.
LL
LL
LL

pumpkinroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pumpkinroses Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 2:27pm
post #46 of 134

all these cakes are amazing. Great job everyone.

lchristi27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchristi27 Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 2:43pm
post #47 of 134

icon_eek.gif These are all amazing, and a fun variety from weddings to showers to baptisms & birthdays. Love them all, cant wait to see more!

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 2:45pm
post #48 of 134

I ended up making 8 tiered cakes--5 wedding, 1 BD, 1 Groom's and 1 sculpted cake.

If I would ever learn how to load them here but they are in my photos.

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 3:13pm
post #49 of 134

Threse are all so great.

HOLY MOLY MAC.....why aren't you still sleeping????

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 3:17pm
post #50 of 134

Spottydog--
I fell asleep after dinner--Carino's with a Bellini!!!
Then slept until 8:00 this morning--so I got a good 10 hours!

nicoles-a-tryin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicoles-a-tryin Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 3:31pm
post #51 of 134

WOW!! LOve everyones cakes!!!! I just had a Christening gown....It was different for me...
LL

littlebits Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlebits Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 3:35pm
post #52 of 134

ok, I'm going to try again to post my pics here. icon_smile.gif thanks for the help sugarplumfairy!

BTW, I only had these two and I just about did my self in. I don't see how some of you do as many as you do in one weekend!

All of these cakes are wonderful!
LL
LL

mary-ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mary-ann Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 3:38pm
post #53 of 134

Here are mine
LL
LL

buffim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buffim Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 3:40pm
post #54 of 134

Here's the wedding cake I did for this weekend. The couple was actually married in May, but it was a small wedding. A friend of theirs threw a larger reception for them yesterday. The ribbon is actually a royal purple, but my camera makes it look blue.
LL
LL

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 3:47pm
post #55 of 134

Here's mine - a care bears cake for a 4 yr.old. After I took the pic, I realized it looked a little barren so I made some chocolate stars and put some BC clouds in front of the rainbow, then stuck the stars in the clouds. Looked so much better but then I forgot to take a new picture! icon_sad.gif I'm hoping the mom did so I can upload the improved cake pic.
LL

dadams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dadams Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 3:52pm
post #56 of 134

These are some really beautiful cakes

cb_one Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cb_one Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 3:53pm
post #57 of 134

I had one Wedding cake. The photo is too large I guess because I can't seem to open it.

It's in my photos though, the Square/Round cake.

cookie22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookie22 Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 4:25pm
post #58 of 134

I did these cakes for my BF brother. They were doing a Medieval/Shrek themed Wedding.. I didn't charge becuse they were only my 3rd attempt at wedding cake and it was my gift to them...I was so happy with how the cakes turned out..
LL
LL

revel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
revel Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 4:50pm
post #59 of 134

All i can say is WOW...WOW...WOW..excellent work everyone!

MCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MCook Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 4:59pm
post #60 of 134

The talent here is soooo amazing! Keeps me inspired to continue working to improve and learn new techniques.

Keep the pictures coming--I'm loving this thread!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%